2020 ST Tuning

mjlkwolfe@gmail.

eco boost fan
Reaction score
City, State
Tonopah, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Has anyone offered a tuning calibration for the 3.0L Ecoboost engine yet?:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If anyone would have one or would be working on one it would probably be Livernois. Check with them. They are also a site vendor.

Peter

Livernois will be working on one. They have a donor ST setup for tuning. Not sure if they have received it yet or not.

Another good company is 5star.

If they are getting another 50 horses out of the same 3L tuned up, how much more can we really expect from additional tuning? Isn’t it 350 in the platinum ?

I think a very realistic guess is 450hp and 500tq.

If u google the 3.0 EcoBoost tuning, u will see some results and that is on the fwd platform with a ptu. Should be even better with the rwd version.

How does it work (once someone has programmed it, how do we go about getting it done?) - and - does it effect the warranty on the vehicle?

How does it work (once someone has programmed it, how do we go about getting it done?) - and - does it effect the warranty on the vehicle?
As for the warranty question, I suggest you read your Warranty Guide and in particular this part; Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification

Peter

Spoke with Livernois last week, no ETA for the 3l ST yet. Spoke with Torrie with Unleashed today, he says he can tune it.

Talked to Livernois again today, they say the dyno mule should show up in the next few days and a tune should be ready in a few weeks. I had been running the Livernois tune on my Escape and loved it, they are offering a trade in on my old tuner so I'm likely to go this route. Come on 450HP and 500 ft-lb!

Bruce,

Do you know of any tuners using the HP Tuners platform that have been tuning for the EB engines like in the Explorers? I have a MPVI2 from tuning previous vehicles that I would love to keep and not have to buy another SCT product if I don't have to.

That's the programmer Torrie at Unleashed said he recommended.

Found lots of info on 3l tunes for the MKZ, I suspect the gains will be very similar for the Explorer ST.

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0L EcoBoost
Ryan_Tower.jpg

Found lots of info on 3l tunes for the MKZ, I suspect the gains will be very similar for the Explorer ST.

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0L EcoBoost
Ryan_Tower.jpg

Yes, that's how I came up with the 450hp/500tq. With it being rwd.. should be able to go higher with the tune since RWD can handle more than fwd.

BOOM!

Livernois Motorsports

The new MyCalibrator Touch Performance Tuner is available exclusively from Livernois Motorsports & Engineering for your 2020 Ford Explorer ST.

Our MyCalibrator Touch Performance Tuner offers multiple levels of improved tuning, with our 93-octane performance tune leading the way in performance. This tune is good for peak vs. peak gains of over 37WHP and 36WTQ, with maximum gains of over 52WHP and 61WTQ! In addition to these performance enhancements, we also spent a great deal of time improving throttle response, part throttle shifting, and working to ensure our updates play well in all driving modes. Coupled with the performance upgrade, these drivability changes make the truck feel greatly improved in day to day usage.

As with all of our previous tuners, your purchase today gains you access to all future updates and revisions!

Features:

Gains of over 52WHP and 61WTQ on your otherwise stock vehicle

Custom tuning via Livernois Motorsports (Device stores stock + up to 8 Custom Tunes)

Multiple stages for increased horsepower & torque

Dyno proven air/fuel adjustments

Transmission modifications with reduced torque management and modified shift points/firmness - including removal of skip gear function

Enhanced throttle response

Available for multiple fuel octane levels

Tow specific tunes

Revised top speed limiter

Read/Clear (DTC) Codes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They only did a Facebook Video, so got some screen grabs of the baseline and initial tune pulls;

Baseline
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 5.08.36 PM.png

Initial tune
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 5.09.30 PM.png

I'm hoping with some further updates and maybe an intake mod, the power over 4500 RPM can be smoothed out some.

Back