How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 50 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you ever make it to the Knoxville area, I'm more than glad to help a fellow Ex owner! :chug:

I'm about 40 min south.

I need a couple things done to mine. Can you help out? Want to do the following:

Disable Double Horn Honk (Engine still running)
Concurrent High Beam/Fogs
'Windows' menu on IPC (for remote global open/close)
Number of Turn Signal Flashes 5
Sound Output Options -Flat

Thought there was something to add the signature lighting for the DRL also?

I'm about 40 min south.

I need a couple things done to mine. Can you help out? Want to do the following:

Disable Double Horn Honk (Engine still running)
Concurrent High Beam/Fogs
'Windows' menu on IPC (for remote global open/close)
Number of Turn Signal Flashes 5
Sound Output Options -Flat

Thought there was something to add the signature lighting for the DRL also?

PM sent...happy to help.

I've used Forscan on both my 2015 Explorer to enable Nav and also have done some mods on my 2016 Fusion. On my Fusion I enabled the tire pressure monitoring display that shows all 4 wheels tire pressure on the left instrument screen. Now I'd like to do that for the Explorer if it's available on the 2015 model year. Anyone have the address and bit(s) to change to enable this menu item, again if it's possible on a 2015. I bought the tool to calibrate the wheel sensors and it will be here tomorrow.
Thanks
John

I have moved your thread to this one found with the Forum's 'Search' feature.
Post 117 on page 6 references the 4 wheel psi and post 338 on page 17 and 362 on page 19 have links to the spreadsheet.

Peter

I have moved your thread to this one found with the Forum's 'Search' feature.
Post 117 on page 6 references the 4 wheel psi and post 338 on page 17 and 362 on page 19 have links to the spreadsheet.

Peter
Thanks Peter!!

Just tried a few things I saw on PlatinumOwner's sheet I wanted to try.

I wanted to add avg speed & RPMs on the IPC. Not sure where they would show up.

I changed IPC 720-01-01 xxxx x*xx xxzz to C. Could of sworn I saw Avg speed while flipping through the menus after it was done. Then it disappeared and I noticed that the Intelligent AWD graphic was gone.

So I tried again. Changed * to 4, which should of gave Avg Speed & AWD. Didn't work again.

So I went back to using 2 for * and I have the AWD graphic back.

Anyone have any luck with getting avg speed & RPMs?

Just tried a few more things today. I decided to try to use the module without As Build next to it.

It was easier than doing the numbers I guess.

On the IPC, I enabled "Frost Telltale" and "Traffic Sign Recognition"...we'll see what those do and if I notice a difference.

On the APIM, I enabled "Front Camera" and "Visual Design to MY20" and "Type of Volume Knob" to horizontal.

Not sure if I like the horizontal volume. It looks like the Ford logo is different. Sorry not the best pics.

I also tried to takes pics of the configurations in FORScan without As Build so you guys could see, but they are bad pics. I'll do screenshots later.

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

Also noticed today by changing the radio knob to horizontal, it also changed the climate speed to a horizontal bar as well.

Changed the radio knob and climate back to rotary today. I like it better.

I was wrong with that Ford logo above. It is the same for every setting in the "Visual Design" section. The setting for "Visual Design" doesn't seem to make any changed for me. I set it back to MY20 anyway.

There is a splash screen section that I must have missed last time I was in. There are screens for the 20's. I tried the ST one and it looked cool (sorry no pic). That is where the changes to the splash (opening and closing on the screen) changes take place. There are maybe 15 to choose from.

I really like checking this stuff out.

Found some other things for the SD trucks. May work on ours?

Figured I'd post them up in case someone wants to try. Will be a while before I can.

uLKHywX.png

Figured I'd post them up in case someone wants to try. Will be a while before I can.

uLKHywX.png

I just enabled the fog light as a turning lamp on my 18 Platinum. Works great.

I can't get the outside air temperature on my IPC3. Does it just enable an option to enable/disable? Does anyone have this working?

I just enabled the fog light as a turning lamp on my 18 Platinum. Works great.

I can't get the outside air temperature on my IPC3. Does it just enable an option to enable/disable? Does anyone have this working?

Cool. I think I'll try tomorrow.

Also look in the non As Build IPC module. Maybe it is in there.

I added it to my IPC 2.

uLKHywX.png
Maybe a dumb question, but....SD Trucks? And is there a link to the sheet you posted?

edit - Super Duty....duh.

That's what I'm afraid of. I've seen it on IPC2, but not IPC3.

Here is a pic of the non As Build IPC (had to add a filter because I took a pic of my computer screen):

IMG_2218 (2).JPG

Here is a pic of the non As Build IPC (had to add a filter because I took a pic of my computer screen):
That's how it looked in FORScan for me, too. It didn't work. I then checked the ASBUILT view and it had the correct address changed. Maybe it just doesn't work for IPC3?

Found some more that might be interesting.

imiVXtO.png

I haven't seen any mention of wireless projection for Android Auto. I saw this in FORScan the other night. Has anyone tried it? Or gotten it working? I borrowed a friend's OBD MX to program the truck the other night, so I can't check it until I have a chance to borrow his OBD adapter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't seen any mention of wireless projection for Android Auto. I saw this in FORScan the other night. Has anyone tried it? Or gotten it working? I borrowed a friend's OBD MX to program the truck the other night, so I can't check it until I have a chance to borrow his OBD adapter.

I really don't think that will happen on this generation of Explorers and F150's. The Bluetooth speed and other things are just not there yet.

Back