• Register Today It's free!

APIM Max Volume in FORScan

Jon M

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Pleasant, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
When I bought the '15, I was annoyed by the difference in volume on the radio. I had to turn it up a LOT compared to the '13. I asked the dealer to check it, but they found nothing. There were no My Keys programmed.

I don't remember seeing it on previous versions, but in FORSCAN, there's now a setting in ACM for max volume. It goes up to 230, IIRC (might be 260), and mine was at 163, which it did not show as a valid setting. I don't know how that happened, since it was before I bought it, but I changed it to the max, and it is now equal to the '13.

It's nice having access to things and being able to fix things the dealers either can't, or simply don't know to look at.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well done.

When I bought the '15, I was annoyed by the difference in volume on the radio. I had to turn it up a LOT compared to the '13. I asked the dealer to check it, but they found nothing. There were no My Keys programmed.

I don't remember seeing it on previous versions, but in FORSCAN, there's now a setting in APIM for max volume. It goes up to 230, IIRC (might be 260), and mine was at 163, which it did not show as a valid setting. I don't know how that happened, since it was before I bought it, but I changed it to the max, and it is now equal to the '13.

It's nice having access to things and being able to fix things the dealers either can't, or simply don't know to look at.

Can you give some tips to exactly where it is?

I downloaded the newest version and dug around but wasn't able to find it.

Thanks.

Can you give some tips to exactly where it is?

I downloaded the newest version and dug around but wasn't able to find it.

Thanks.

Also interested.....

No word yet? Really would like to know what you did.

When I was in FORScan today in the Non As Build APIM section all I saw was "MyKey Volume Limit" and it was enabled.

I didn't try anything with it because I noticed in the pics I took.

I'll have to hook it up again to find it, and I haven't had time.

Ok. Wasn't nagging...too much. Thanks. :)

Poking around again today. Wonder if it is the ACM module? I went to the non As Bulid and saw just something about mute and mine was set to disabled.

Screenshot - 7_18_2019 , 4_17_26 PM.png
Screenshot - 7_18_2019 , 4_17_59 PM.png
Screenshot - 7_18_2019 , 4_18_27 PM.png

Thanks Jon, totally appreciated. I don't recall seeing that in my 18. I'll have to see.

Just checked mine. Here is what I have:

My ACM_LI.jpg

My ACM 2.png

Wonder if we can figure out what line it is to change and try?

There are some other changes that can be made from the F150 sheet....
You have Sync 3. They may not have as much mapped out for it as they do Sync 2.

Yes I do. Then last night I realized that this thread is in the MFT section.

Would of been nice to adjust that though. Thanks again.

Take a gander....

FORScan 2015-2019 F150s

I was looking in the ACM and BCM.

Maybe this should be in that FORScan thread....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back