2019 Limited radio won't find FM stations well | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Limited radio won't find FM stations well

RobJor704

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Exp Limited
Just picked up my new car. Seems like the FM antenna isn't attached. Will pick up some signals very weakly. Pressing scan will pass over at least 10 - 12 stations that I know have great signals (Charlotte.) Also due to the weak signal, the HD side stations won't stay tuned in. The AM stations tune in fine, btw.

(Side note, very disappointed in the audio quality of Sirius XM. Not enough bandwidth. Some of the channels sounds like listening thru a tin can.)

Any thoughts on the radio problem? Thx .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is your wire antenna attached to your sharkfin on the roof?

X2 on the antenna. Look and make sure they installed the mast on the sharkfin.

Mine worked fine until I got out of town. Then quit. Went to dealer and they ordered me the little short mast that screws into the shark fin on the top. Have taken trips, 300 miles, and works great everywhere.

Just picked up my new car. Seems like the FM antenna isn't attached. Will pick up some signals very weakly. Pressing scan will pass over at least 10 - 12 stations that I know have great signals (Charlotte.) Also due to the weak signal, the HD side stations won't stay tuned in. The AM stations tune in fine, btw.

(Side note, very disappointed in the audio quality of Sirius XM. Not enough bandwidth. Some of the channels sounds like listening thru a tin can.)

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As mentioned, make sure the small antenna mast is screwed in the 'fin'. That is a dealer install and some have forgotten to do it before delivery. As for Sirius, I'm afraid it is what it is. It should look somewhat like this from my 2011 Explorer. If it's missing, check the glovebox.

Peter

PC180279a.jpg

Any update on this?

Peter

Were you ever able to resolve this problem. I have been to the dealer three times now with the same issue and no fix.

Were you ever able to resolve this problem. I have been to the dealer three times now with the same issue and no fix.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'd be surprised if you received a reply from that member. That was his/her one and only post, July 15, 2019.

Peter

Back