Pin on calipers

9COOP5

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Exp XLS
2014 Exp XLT
I noticed a silver pin or metal piece sticker out from my right front caliper and it is causing a clicking noise

FE173775-B9A8-4479-802E-14ECDC029C66.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes I took the wheel off again and checked that pin. It makes a clunky noise when the truck is first being moved.

Yes I took the wheel off again and checked that pin. It makes a clunky noise when the truck is first being moved.
When you had the wheel off twice, did you pull the caliper to investigate? Did you pull the opposite side wheel to see if there is any kind of ‘pin’ similar to what you have here, just not bent outward?

I’ve had my ‘02 brakes apart a few times and have never seen anything like that. Have you had any recent brake work done?

I do not do my own work on my vehicles. There is not a pin on the left side like their is on the right side. There has been no brake
work since I had the truck for 8 months now.

Then I would advise you bring the truck to a mechanic so this can be investigated. That ‘pin’ does not belong there, and your brakes should be checked.

domct203 yes I am having it looked at tomorrow. Also I noticed it makes the clunk noise when the truck is at a complete stop and then I begin moving back or forward.

Those look like the spreader “pins” designed to help assist the pads moving away from the rotor after releasing the pedal. Known as “drag reduction clips.”

I’ve used them once. I believe they popped off at some point as they are no longer there!

With the wheel off, you should just be able to pull it off.

85384AE7-3E81-4D4C-83AB-E167E7B700E1.jpeg

Back