BruceExploder

Reaction score
City, State
Edmond OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
IMG_20190720_205419.jpg
IMG_20190720_174953.jpg

Need some advice. I have three explorers all in need AC one first gen and two second gens. One the clutch plate is flipping around the other the low pressure port is leaking and the 93 I can here grinding at the compressor and have already grabbed a new compressor for it.

I'm wanting to grab junkyard compressors that I can tell are new and not siezed. If I change the compressor what other parts at minimum should I get? I am going to buy a new clutch for the one that's flipping and just change that.

I just did an A/C service on ex. A receiver dryer, NEW compressor, oil and orifice tube $200ish out the door.

I just did an A/C service on ex. A receiver dryer, NEW compressor, oil and orifice tube $200ish out the door.

If I could afford new compressors for three ex's I would do it but finding a like new one in the junkyard is possible and my only option for the moment. I will buy new receiver dryers oil and orfice tubes.

100% accumulator/receivers and orifice tube. These are cheap. Make sure you vacuum down the system before you charge it up.

Back