Where to buy

Gilbert_7

Reaction score
City, State
Lehigh Acres
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT 4x4
Hi All,
We all know there is much to be desired when it comes to buying or looking for custom items for our Explorers. I have a 07 Gen4 that I trying to customize. I am fairly new to this Forum and probably someone who has been here longer can send me links or direct me to someone.
Where are some of the places you have bought some of your items? For example:
*Lift Kit
*Exhaust
*Lights
*Bumpers, etc.

I've seen some custom Flares from a 2015 post that looked amazing but no link on where to get it. or how he did it.

Hi All,
We all know there is much to be desired when it comes to buying or looking for custom items for our Explorers. I have a 07 Gen4 that I trying to customize. I am fairly new to this Forum and probably someone who has been here longer can send me links or direct me to someone.
Where are some of the places you have bought some of your items? For example:
*Lift Kit
*Exhaust
*Lights
*Bumpers, etc.

I've seen some custom Flares from a 2015 post that looked amazing but no link on where to get it. or how he did it.

Welcome!

please use the search feature in the top right. click more then type key words ( lights, bumpers, lifts, etc) and then select the forum ( vehicle / generation) as there are a ton of threads about all of these

unfortunately after market on these vehicles is alot of DIY.

assuming u have 4x4.

lift - rear CVs run through frame and you cant lift the suspension more than a few inches. sooooo.... truxx strut spacer. need BTF upper control arm or build your own - stock control arm with extended ball joint. btf are 650 ish so take that how you will.
or do a body lift. 1.5 inch is recommended as you wont need any or much modification to vehicle. 3 inch is the other option but need to do a good amount of mods.

exhausts - these are the same engines as the mustang so you have alot of options. however the headers will need to be slightly modified or bent in the engine bay for clearance reasons. catback exhausts you can use any muffler just have a shop weld it in. 4th gen ex only have O2 sensors in front of the cat back so have fun. i had a straight pipe and it was crazy loud. **installing the pipe that goes over the rear cross member / CV axles is pain in the ass unless you take the Bed off.

bumpers are all custom. no prefab kits out there for these models

K&N CIA is what alot of people have. personally i wish i kept the money and bought a replacement filter for the stock air box and upgraded the Throttle bottle to Zab Tech or the F-150 TB as it is the same part # but larger bore.

the computers on these models do not like after market electronic parts ( TB, TPS, etc) buy FOMOCO for these.

I usually check 4wheelonline and ebay for aftermarket parts

I have always had great luck with Summit Racing for aftermarket/performance parts, and Rock Auto for obscure or hard to find OEM or OEM+ quality parts.

Back