Adding the "turning" lines to the backup camera. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding the "turning" lines to the backup camera.

Ntrain

Reaction score
City, State
East, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Guys,

Have a 16 with the small screen sync system. I have the straight backup lines on my screen, but do not have the ones that show where you would be moving towards based on the position of the front tires.

Does anyone know if there is a way of adding this feature with Forscan? I was in a friends 18 F250 with the same base system and his has these.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does your friend's truck have Active Park Assist (APA)? Prior to the 2017 Explorer, the active guidelines were part of the APA package. Can't help with FORScan.

Peter

If you don't have the lines, there is more to it then just programming. You will need a new clock spring in the steering column, module and programming.

Does your friend's truck have Active Park Assist (APA)? Prior to the 2017 Explorer, the active guidelines were part of the APA package. Can't help with FORScan.

Peter

No

If you don't have the lines, there is more to it then just programming. You will need a new clock spring in the steering column, module and programming.

Thank you.

Guys,

Have a 16 with the small screen sync system. I have the straight backup lines on my screen, but do not have the ones that show where you would be moving towards based on the position of the front tires.

Does anyone know if there is a way of adding this feature with Forscan? I was in a friends 18 F250 with the same base system and his has these.

I had the 16 and it was the same. I actually liked it. I now have the 2018 Base with the small screen and it has the lines that turn in your direction. I don't really like them, but I bet there is a way to activate them, as both of these vehicles were exactly the same.

Apparently beginning in 2017, the active guidelines were added to all Explorers regardless of whether it had Active Park Assist or not. He has a 2016.

Peter

Apparently beginning in 2017, the active guidelines were added to all Explorers regardless of whether it had Active Park Assist or not. He has a 2016.

Peter

Then it was like my '16 and it won't have them.

Peter
Correct, as per the 2017 order guide.

Attachments

• 2017 Explorer 4-Door Order Guide.pdf
    272.3 KB · Views: 2,074

Back