My 1992 2 door jeep killer build | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

Dang, you are a patient man. I would have reversed the charges a few months ago. I thought waiting six weeks for my Atlas was a long time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang, you are a patient man. I would have reversed the charges a few months ago. I thought waiting six weeks for my Atlas was a long time.

Was about to cancel multiple times but no one else makes one, or that I could find.

Jacob was at least responding to texts and kept saying it was coming.

Wow, would think it would be faster and maybe cheaper to find a manual t-case.

First gen guys with TTB still.... Anyone else have this issue. Lower main bolt for radius arm backs out almost after every trip. Creates nice clunk noise sounding like brakes are falling apart. This is locktited and sent home with big impact. Well last night I tacked 1 side of bolt head down. Had this happen 2 or 3 times now.

20190729_181940.jpg

That damn bolt would back out on me in the dirt in less than 5 miles. Between not keeping wheel bearings tight, that bolt and the radius arm nut tight, I was losing my mind!

Did the bolt run out of threads to get it tight as needed?

I see you have cut & turn beams, extended arms, and what looks like new bolts. If the shoulder is too long from any changes from a stock set up, and it stops it from getting it as tight as you need, might need to get a full thread bolt.

Just throwing ideas out there.

The bolts are plenty long enough, I too had a problem with them. I put a 3/4 “tack weld” on 2 sides, I also “tack welded the radius arms to the axle arms. I found If the bottom one was loose the top on would be loose.

C84F0563-4ACD-4E87-8B03-7C8B57223A97.png

You can see the marker light shattering in this picture from last Saturday.

that is what we call a "tight squeeze" thank goodness for that log placement looks like that spot could use a jackhammer or some TNT!

Picked up a new little project. 16yo is ready to drive and we grabbed him a 1990 ranger xlt 2wd. Will get 4" lift, fiberglass up front and just flaring fenders in rear.

Still debating on 31s or 33s for tires. We will end up grabbing newer 8.8 from junk yard to go disc all around and probably just LS with 4.56 in rear. Slower build up to prerunner.

67556435_339055860317556_3166527478642507776_n.jpg

67418619_339054083651067_1941505297180786688_n.jpg

only live once! no time to waste!

Nice little ranger! Gray interior even?

was grey interior, People be bought from had driver seat redone in an off blue color. but everything else is the grey.

Got danger ranger lift on and sitting on some used 33s i found cheap.

20190811_171904.jpg

20190811_171908.jpg

20190811_171918.jpg

20190811_171930.jpg

I love it! extended cab, 4.0, grey insides, clean no rust, wow what a find!!
Hope the 16 y o respects the machine!!

Yes, Have found zero rust and everything came real clean. He should treat it nice as he has to do all the work on it and ive been just supervise and help with everything. Hopefully the heim joints we ordered will get in today so we can build new radius arms this week and get her moving down the road again.

The original look on his face when his truck had (2) keys and didn't understand why you have (1) for door and (1) for ignition was priceless.

Playing around a little last night after getting things prepped for a rocky gap run this weekend.

IMG950640.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

99 comments to go... But most importantly,
Where did you get sport glass sides from? I have never seen them listed on Mcneil site

Edit: ok I know where all my pennies are going to now...

What did you do with the factory sheet metal?

Back