• Register Today It's free!

Body mounts

Brad7406

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer Sport
So I have a 2003 ford explorer sport and I need to replace the body mounts I have been looking online. I can find a bunch of mounts for the sport trac but not the sport. Has any one found good cheap mounts I am not looking for rubber ones I want the poly mounts so once it is done that is it. Thanks for all your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmmm your sport should use the same body mount kit as the 4 door explorers, not the sport trac, as the trac has a bed and the bed is not mounted on body pucks
I would order a body mount package for a 4 door explorer, like 2000 or 2001, should be the same as your sport, or at least similar enough to get you the parts you need.

I used that same kit on mine...

Thank you for your answers everyone I looked for awhile before posting never seen the mount you had a link to. They look like the ones I need so I ordered them also the instructions looked very clear on the website should be fun.

Use an impact wrench after you heat them with a torch. Ford loctite is a mother on the bolts…

Yeah I learned that when my 1/2 inch impact locked up on the front bolt after removing the top nut. I had to use a 3/4 inch impact I have laying around that made a huge difference:)

Back