• Register Today It's free!

Need Headers Information

Jeremy L Harris

Reaction score
City, State
Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 EXPLORER XLT 5.0
I recently purchased a 2000 Ford explorer XLT with the 5.0 in it. Can I use the same Headers as Foxbody mustang or do I need ones for the Explorer? They have the P heads on it. I do know about the plugs and header issue.
Thank You In Advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only ones that fit are the Torque Monsters (around $950 shipped) and the OBX headers (lower build quality, intermittently available, and anywhere between $400-800).

Yes the OBX headers are up to about $750
Not worth it, for the extra $200 get the Torque Monsters. Robert of Torque Monster Headers is still around and making them, in fact I ordered a set just last week.
The TMH as we call them, are the first mod you should do to the 5.0 if you are looking to free up some more power

The only ones that fit are the Torque Monsters (around $950 shipped) and the OBX headers (lower build quality, intermittently available, and anywhere between $400-800).
Oh Crap. Well time to save lol. Thank You

$950 / 24 horsies = 39.50 per HP, not bad actually when talking power adders I know its pricey for headers but they are worth the $$$$

that is a good price! Thanks for the link

If they were $305 again I'd snatch them right up. I'm in the middle of pulling the engine (lost oil pressure at 750 miles) so it's a perfect opportunity.

With both the TM & OBX having primaries that loop up next to the valve cover & plug wires, how are they for radiated underhood heat & potential damage to surrounding components ? Also are the OBX just a little work to fit, vs the TM's or are they way off ? (price delta is almost half ...) Thnx

Do not buy the OBX. Or be prepared to spend 12 hours trying to fix them and then taking them back out and buying the TM. Your choice.

Back