• Register Today It's free!

Where do I get Ecoboost SCT Tune?

saranghae

Reaction score
City, State
PA/NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Looking through some threads, it seems like the SCT tuner is one of the better choices for a stock 2013 Explorer Sport. Where is the preferred place to buy the tuner? What tunes should I get for it (or does it come with the tuner)?

I am planning on running a stock sport. I can change out spark plugs/t-stat/sensors if needed, but I want to keep as much stock as possible.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I think most here run the Livernois tune. They are also s site vendor. I don't use one myself as I think the 3.5L Ecoboost has more than enough power for my driving style
Have you read the posts in this thread? SCT X4 Performance Programmer
I found this site just doing a simple Internet search; SCT

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I think most here run the Livernois tune. They are also s site vendor. I don't use one myself as I think the 3.5L Ecoboost has more than enough power for my driving style
Have you read the posts in this thread? SCT X4 Performance Programmer
I found this site just doing a simple Internet search; SCT

Peter

Thanks, I'll read through the thread. I did a google search and found a number of sources, so I wasn't sure if there was a "recommended" tuner.

There really isn't a recommended user that I'm aware of but in following some of the posts, the Livernois member seems to be quite responsive to various questions. There are also Diablo and HP tunes. Good luck.

Peter

I don't have a tune, but I've heard a lot of good things about Unleashed tunes for SCT.

FYI - I have Livernois tune on Calibrator hardware on my 2015 Ecoboost Mustang, and a 5Star tune on SCT hardware on my 2018 Ecoboost F150. Still havnt pulled the trigger (yet) on 2016 Ecoboost Explorer Sport.

FYI - I have Livernois tune on Calibrator hardware on my 2015 Ecoboost Mustang, and a 5Star tune on SCT hardware on my 2018 Ecoboost F150. Still havnt pulled the trigger (yet) on 2016 Ecoboost Explorer Sport.

How do you feel about the two different tuners? Has one been more reliable/easier to use than the other?

The Livernois was a custom on-the-dyno tune, when they were still developing the software circa new release of 2015Mustangs, So they made 7 pulls, got a perfect one-off tune.

The 5Star was a "canned" tune, as is good enough. Sure, there are other companies like Unleashed that will datalog and make refinements... I just wanted a canned simple tune, for a low price, and not after drag-race hp, just open up some (not max) capability of F150. Happy with outcome, and wont custom tune for any more.

Back