My Explorer Sport Build | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer Sport Build

I have heard bad things about doing that also. I want to so bad. Just not sure about the CV joints just because of what you see there. They would be stretched out over this obstacle. I will have to do it then and get limit straps.

Oh yah definitely get limit straps... seen CVs come apart before!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Better off keeping that open carrier, so you can add that lunch box, you mentioned a few days ago. Cant add that locker into a limited slip carrier. ;)

I ment this post, you can add them to a limited carrier.

Swigin, understood. I know this is a low budget build, so I didn't even mention it.

My point was about the less expensive lunchbox lockers. You can get these as low as $200 if you shop around. That Powertrak LS locker is way more expensive, and for a couple hundred more than it, you can get a full size Detroit HD locker to fit the open carrier already in it.

I have a couple videos to post of my truck on China wall here in Colorado. Was a Great trip with wife and kids. Only 2 vehicles but was a great time.

Will post up the last of the videos in a little while. Was a great trip.

China Wall!! Hard trail to find, short but sweet... looks like a good time!

It was a great time. Yes the trail is a good trail. Good for stockers or modified. At the end of trail you can drive down close to a river for lunch. Very good trail to do.

Here is the last Video of this trip. Was a great trip. Can't wait to get more trails under her tires.

Nice been there done that a couple times, years ago in a Bronco.........

Nice been there done that a couple times, years ago in a Bronco.........

I have been on this trail many times. I've been on it with a Stock height 92 with 30's and been on it with a 78 Blazer and with a 92 Bronco (Full Size). With the 92 the rear was a limited slip so that helped a lot. This on here is totally open. I am debating what to do. I have a limited slip rear that I can put in or get a lunch box locker. Or just throw the LS axle in and get a Lunch Box locker for the front and get my Sway bar disconnects for it and limit straps and just have fun.

I would put the limited slip in the rear and a lunch box locker up front. If you ever add lockout hubs it would drive bone stock on the street and be an animal off road.

stop by the river for lunch! good spot to eat....unfortunately I have been there more then once when people start driving in the river...like dude that's not part of the trail asshats its usually Jeeps though LOL not us Ford dudes

Well it is not possible to get to the river by a vehicle. They have blocked it off with a fence. Actually there is only one way down to the river and one way back from the river. To Club did an awesome job getting the fence up for it. The trail is very different now. At Poser rock there is only one way around it.

I would put the limited slip in the rear and a lunch box locker up front. If you ever add lockout hubs it would drive bone stock on the street and be an animal off road.

I already have the Vacuum Disconnect front axle in the front. So there is that LOL. I like that Idea also. Locker in front and LS in rear

Well I finally got the Tear Drop Rims back on my EX. I am super happy with them this way. I have always liked Chrome or polished rims.
97 33.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well started getting axle ready for going into my explorer. Moving brake line from driver side drop to the center of axle as shown in the picture. I used a passenger side brake thingie for the driver side. Kept hard line to the center put in a T for a soft line going up. Gonna use a hard line from the frame going to the center to hook into the soft line. The soft line might be a little long Will see what happens when I get it installed into my ex. By the way this is a LS axle. Gonna rebuild the LS pack then get it installed in to my explorer.
IMG_20190817_164718.jpg

Back