Explorer delays | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer delays

Any ideas what it could be?
If it is connected to post #59, it seems there has been no info available to anyone. The Aviator seems to be in the same situation. The both come from the same plant.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A guy on another forum, who's sister works at Ford in some capacity, said that she told him there is/was an issue with the fuel lines. Not sure if that is it, or was a previous issue that has been rectified. If that was the issue, i'd imagine the dealers would know, considering that they already have some on the lot.

A guy on another forum, who's sister works at Ford in some capacity, said that she told him there is/was an issue with the fuel lines. Not sure if that is it, or was a previous issue that has been rectified. If that was the issue, i'd imagine the dealers would know, considering that they already have some on the lot.
Does this apply to the Aviator as well as the Explorer

No idea, this is 3rd hand information at best, so take that with a grain of salt.

Possibly the issue with the Aviator and maybe why a stop sale was issued on all of them. However there is no stop sale on the Explorers.

Seems to me i had better start looking into alternative purchases. I turned in my 16 on Monday, and my private offer expires on sept 30

Seems to me i had better start looking into alternative purchases. I turned in my 16 on Monday, and my private offer expires on sept 30

How did you get your private offer? Through mail or through email?

I have a ST and a Aviator on order, at this point in time I'm just going to take whichever arrives first.

Ok....I am literally talking to Ford Performance engineers. Theses are guys I have become friends with through connections. I own one of the largest private shops on the east coast. I have been to and raced in Shelby events. We all get together and race at VIR every year. THESE GUYS don't know whats going on. So not only are the dealers in the dark, internal people are as well. Now its not too unconventional that they don't know whats going on. Huge companies, projects are compartmentalized. Ford performance are also busy with last minute testing of the new GT500 roll out and another surprise mustang coming out that hasn't been revealed yet. However what is strange is they CAN'T FIND out whats going. They have asked and get nothing. They say this leans not to a design flaw, that would need a redesign, but a production issue that is plant based. Anything from bad welds, to paint, to fit issues. Also possibly supplier issues where a part is not up to spec and was installed and this problem was identified after the fact. Again the Brake issue is an issue, but not the overwhelming issue. I hope to have an answer on whats going on by 3 today. (FYI compound the problem Ford is having an issue with there tracking system and will have a massive status update Friday night or early Saturday morning on a huge number of vehicles. So don't be surprised if no movement until then.)
Any updates?

I'm wondering about the vehicles that area already in end user's garages. If there is something so wrong with the vehicles, why did some get sold and remain so?

I'm wondering about the vehicles that area already in end user's garages. If there is something so wrong with the vehicles, why did some get sold and remain so?

Had mine in for A/C issue and picked it up from the dealer last night, I mentioned the delay and possible fuel line issue, the service writer said “let me look”, he looked up any service related issues, stoppages, recalls and said he saw none, but that may have been limited to my VIN or build date. He said my build date was May 28th. So appears no notice was issued for some that were delivered already.

Fyi, Ford is back to scheduling.. they are pulling orders this coming week for building during week of 9/26.

Mine was built June 7. I’ve just passed the first month of ownership. I’ve read every report of early problems in this forum and so far (knock on wood) I can’t find anything wrong. So whatever it is, it’s not universal. And yes, I’m looking into the ESP plan.

Are you saying 2 different things -
Your dealer didnt install the proper brakes, which is there job to do once received from the plant, and this only effects the 68T Package?
and
There is a backorder only effecting the 68T package?

If thats the case I cant image either has anything to do with this big hold up.
Several weeks ago someone posted a web site where you could get your window sticker. I cant remember that site. Could someone repost that info. Tks.

Tks. Q

I did and It said its not valid or contact my dealer. I have already printed 2 window stickers. the last one was June 30. my vehicle was a stock order by the dealer. I wonder if there is a different web site. Or is something going on.
it also says check back later. this window sticker has not yet been released. yet i got one on june 30?

The Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website does not track dealer stock orders; only retail orders.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website does not track dealer stock orders; only retail orders.
About 2 months ago someone on this forum posted a website where I Could get a window sticker. I received 2 of them from that website but now I can't remember the website I used but it was from someone on this forum

Back