• Register Today It's free!

Fog light replacment

How do u replace the fog lights on a 1999 ford exploet

• All

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • All

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stephanie, I do not think there are any new, direct fit replacements... you will have to be creative with your twenty year old truck. You might be able to replace just the bulbs so that the existing lights work. You can always add new fog lights to a different location on the bumper or under the grill. If you have fog lights built into your front plastic valance, you can try to find something that you can attach to the existing bracket, or build your own bracket. You might be able to find a stock rust-fee bracket at a salvage yard. Finally, if necessary, you can also carefully cut some of the existing plastic valance to help make things fit. The stock “fog lights” never seemed that bright, and just seemed more like running lights anyway.

Maybe someone else has more ideas?

Good luck!

Are they the rectangular ones as we have on our '95?

Team TARDIS

20190408_141949.jpg

We bought replacements from ebay or Amazon. They came with new brackets but we just undid the nut that holds the lamp assembly and swapped them. We aimed them pointed down on the garage door so they'd be even and we nailed it. We tried a set of high-powered LEDs with the fan for cooling but the bright white was too reflective of rain and fog which defeated the purpose. That plus not enough heat from the "bulb" to prevent icing over made us stick with halogens. Any 800 series should work as long as it's not angled. We currently are running 893 bulbs which are 38 watts each. I believe stock was 27. 50 watters are also available but new housings with new bulbs... We're happy!

Team TARDIS

20190408_132014.jpg

20190408_142018.jpg

I believe the 99s have the same round fogs as the 2000s do.

Back