Fog lights for 2002 Explorer XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog lights for 2002 Explorer XLS

JP947

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
Hello everyone.

I'm looking to add a fog light kit to my 2002 Ford Explorer XLS. The vehicle is never had fog lights on it and unfortunately, all the kits I seem to find on the web don't look like they would fit my Explorer.

Preferably I would like to add a LED kit and an OEM installation. I'm not interested in a rocker switch or toggle switch if I can avoid it. I would prefer to have the kit look as though it was installed from the factory.

I'm linking two pictures. The first one is the kit I seem to come across most often in my searches. The second picture is the front end of my Explorer. The red circles on my pictures where I assume the fog lights might go on my vehicle?

Screenshot_20190731-153809_Chrome.jpg

20190731_153938.jpg

Try to find a bumper for an XLT. That is what the factory-style "kits" will fit. The wiring is probably there. Then change to a fog light-style light switch.

I somewhat recall someone else trying to do the same thing -- I read it because mine has no fog lights. Their vehicle did not have the required wiring for the light switch. You might try a wrecking yard to see how they're set up and then look at your vehicle and see if you have the proper wiring. My front end is like the red vehicle without the license plate bracket, the first vehicle. But the little panels don't have the lights on mine, they just go straight across.

Back