Explorer delays | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer delays

Maybe that was the plan. But obviously if they are finally notifying the Dealers and public on what is going on they will not hold the delivery any longer. There is a chance even vehicles in transit where being held until they came up with a plan, AND parts needed to fulfill the repair. My read on this is that things will start moving now. They might even ship these warehoused units to the dealers for inspection. As it seems they are sharing the info and ready to combat the problem at the dealer level. This would be a much faster and effective way to handle the issue one would think. So now that the instructions are out there too the dealers, the units can be shipped. Again just speculating.

I'm reading the scenario, especially a previous post about being tasked to "find the problem" that they couldn't figure out what was causing the gear setting not to show. They since figured it out, and had them hold for a quality issue (early post) until they could get this directive out. Reading it again, it says that the dealers will fix prior to delivery, so my guess is they warehoused a the vehicles until they figured it out, and we'll see a whole bunch of movement now that this has been released.

Fingers crossed... I really don't want ot extend the lease on my 16 again....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm reading the scenario, especially a previous post about being tasked to "find the problem" that they couldn't figure out what was causing the gear setting not to show. They since figured it out, and had them hold for a quality issue (early post) until they could get this directive out. Reading it again, it says that the dealers will fix prior to delivery, so my guess is they warehoused a the vehicles until they figured it out, and we'll see a whole bunch of movement now that this has been released.

Fingers crossed... I really don't want ot extend the lease on my 16 again....
Same here. I've already extended 2x, and am up on 8/14, so I at least need to see the thing start moving again in the next 5 days.

They're still churning through them. Parking lot at a Roush facility in Allen Park was filled and active from the looks of it this afternoon.

Unfortunately my VIN is in the FSI group and shows the item. It was built on 7/16. I talked to my dealer and he is trying to get hold of someone at CAP that he knows to get real scoop on how quick plan is to get things moving. He may end up ordering me another one just on the chance it will get made before this one gets upfitted and inspected and shipped.

However
Unfortunately my VIN is in the FSI group and shows the item. It was built on 7/16. I talked to my dealer and he is trying to get hold of someone at CAP that he knows to get real scoop on how quick plan is to get things moving. He may end up ordering me another one just on the chance it will get made before this one gets upfitted and inspected and shipped.

Tony I’m in the exact same boat as you. My build date was 7/19. Mine is also effected. As I stated I did a priority 1 build. See if your dealer will talk with there zone manager to make that happen. If you could PM me or share what your dealer comes up with of how fast they get things done at CAP it be appreciated.

However

Tony I’m in the exact same boat as you. My build date was 7/19. Mine is also effected. As I stated I did a priority 1 build. See if your dealer will talk with there zone manager to make that happen. If you could PM me or share what your dealer comes up with of how fast they get things done at CAP it be appreciated.

My Lincoln contact who was willing to do a 1 for another ST before this deal last week said he still thought it would be 4-6 weeks best case scenario.

I dont think in this case a Priority 1 will best the current one. There will still be a backlog of shipping due to all the orders still waiting to go.. even being flagged as a Hot 1.

An ST with a build date of July 17 just got delivered to my dealer in Columbus, OH today, so at least some are moving now. The truck was loaded with 7 Explorers and 1 Aviator. Cassens Load # 18982893

An ST with a build date of July 17 just got delivered to my dealer in Columbus, OH today, so at least some are moving now. The truck was loaded with 7 Explorers and 1 Aviator. Cassens Load # 18982893
That is great news, there may be hope for us yet STGUY.

Same here. I've already extended 2x, and am up on 8/14, so I at least need to see the thing start moving again in the next 5 days.
I believe there is a limit on lease extensions. I think it is 2 or 3 times.

Peter

Peter

I've been told 3 extensions in the past.

Mine was scheduled the 1st week of August, now it is delayed by 2 weeks. It has been delayed 2 more times before this. I ordered in late May. I hope they just make it and truck it to NY.

Peter
Hoping to not have to even find out if I can extend a 3rd time. Its been in Michigan (last status update) since 7/7, and didnt get flagged in the recall, so hopefully its gets on the road and travels the 280miles here soon.

Mine was scheduled the 1st week of August, now it is delayed by 2 weeks. It has been delayed 2 more times before this. I ordered in late May. I hope they just make it and truck it to NY.

My reorder on May 24th was July 25, then 1st week of August, then week of Agust 12th, finally August 19th with an actual build DAY of August 20th (a whopping 3 months!!). So if you ordered around the same time, you should be very close.

My reorder on May 24th was July 25, then 1st week of August, then week of Agust 12th, finally August 19th with an actual build DAY of August 20th (a whopping 3 months!!). So if you ordered around the same time, you should be very close.
My order was mid March....still in production so......

Yes I know that. I have been following your posts and my ST was scheduled for Last week of July, Then it delayed by a week, then again by a week and now its 8/20. Pretty close and both of ours are Magnetic grey. I hope they have fixed all the recalls by then and I hope that they don't run out of that Magnetic grey paint.

Who knows, ours could still get delayed 1 more time at least.

Peter
Limit is 2 times without manager approval. However, if you have an order number they will continue to approve renewal until that order arrives.

Limit is 2 times without manager approval. However, if you have an order number they will continue to approve renewal until that order arrives.
Also, as much as a pain as it is, they recommended doing month to month if your state charges sales tax on the extension.... which mine does... my bigger issue is that the extension caused me to replace the tires due to the extra miles...not a small expense... and one I had hoped to avoid...

I talked with the owner of my dealerhip today, he called CAP and talked with his contact there. My ST was built on July 16 and is in autowarehouse. They are processing units through the shipping prep since the release of the FSI yesterday. However, he was told there is another inspection for another issue they are looking at but they said they had the resolution on the other issue as well. I am hoping it is FIFO in storage since mine was one of the first in the group hold. If I don't see that it is released by late weekend the dealer is going to put in a new priority 1 order for me just in case. These guys know they can sell the ST's super easy so he will gladly order another one like my original order.

Internet search shows this as one possibility;
What is the mean of NaN?
NaN is short for Not a Number. NaN indicates that the monitoring system is not receiving any numeric data. There can be several causes for receiving a NaN: The collected service has stopped running.

Peter

NaN is when a piece of software expects a number but doesn't get one. For instance: I expect to get a numerical value from Ford's back-end services but it returns "NULL" instead of zero. The software will compute this as NaN because NULL is not a number.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also, as much as a pain as it is, they recommended doing month to month if your state charges sales tax on the extension.... which mine does... my bigger issue is that the extension caused me to replace the tires due to the extra miles...not a small expense... and one I had hoped to avoid...
Thanks. Just extended another month. I had the order number and it was no problem. That being said, I fully expect the new vehicle to show up literally the day after I go into my account manager and pay for the extra month.

Back