ST Street/tech/moon/rapidred finally ordered! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ST Street/tech/moon/rapidred finally ordered!

Plant was down from 6/28 till 7/8. So it isn't that yours is stuck, it is more that production stopped before or while yours started and didnt start back up till 2 days ago. By end of the week it should show produced and hopefully released.
Was this the scheduled summer shutdown? Hope to get my order through production before all the contract talks gets serious. The 4 year UAW contract ends in Sept and impacts many plants.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an ST on order, 6/29 build date and has been "in production" for what seems an eternity! My dealer has told me to expect delivery in the 2nd half of July.
Good Luck! My order date 6/26/19 and still in Production. Thought once built it would move to the next level

I have an ST on order, 6/29 build date and has been "in production" for what seems an eternity! My dealer has told me to expect delivery in the 2nd half of July.
Good Luck! My order date 6/26/19 and still in Production. Thought once built it would move to the next level

Build date 6/26/19

Was this the scheduled summer shutdown? Hope to get my order through production before all the contract talks gets serious. The 4 year UAW contract ends in Sept and impacts many plants.
I hope talks go well or I’m screwed... I ordered mine last week and delivery is estimated mid September. If you guys are having trouble now... that doesn’t bode well for the rest of this summer.

Yes it was.

Newish build date is 7/17, blend was 6/29. I have a strange message in the Ford update site ind-
Window sticker is for days now a 404/no sticker exists message file. 1FM5K8GC2LGA27898

Screenshot_20190728-194914_Chrome.jpg

Same boat here, same dates exactly. I'm 28195, so should be same timeline until shipment. I have no idea what that ind- is either and I have no access to my window sticker as of about 15 July (I think was my last one). Ford Performance was awesome with updates on my raptor I ordered 2 years ago but they've been a little less eager to help when I contact them about the ST. Hopefully we get some news soon.

Same boat here, same dates exactly. I'm 28195, so should be same timeline until shipment. I have no idea what that ind- is either and I have no access to my window sticker as of about 15 July (I think was my last one). Ford Performance was awesome with updates on my raptor I ordered 2 years ago but they've been a little less eager to help when I contact them about the ST. Hopefully we get some news soon.
My ST was built on 7/16. I noticed that you can't see your window sticker if you try the link on the status page. However, if you use the straight link that is shown a couple places in this forum, it pops up still. They must have a LARGE lot of explorers built and on hold for some unannounced reason.

My ST was built on 7/16. I noticed that you can't see your window sticker if you try the link on the status page. However, if you use the straight link that is shown a couple places in this forum, it pops up still. They must have a LARGE lot of explorers built and on hold for some unannounced reason.
See the 3rd page of this thread; Delivery Time Frame?

Peter

Still in production, verified vehicle is on recall list

What things are you planning to black out on the ST"
Rapid/Lucid red, moonroof, tech, A plan. Haven't heard any updates from the dealer, but hopefully soon!
I want to black it out and I've never done that before so the research starts!

What kind of black our are you planning? Emblems & exterior trim?

What things are you planning to black out on the ST"

What kind of black our are you planning? Emblems & exterior trim?
I need to speak with someone that can tell me what legally I can do with the windows and lights.... I'm kind of caught in that I don't want to overpay a shop but also don't have the experience and knowledge to do it myself. But yes on emblems and trim! I'm seriously hoping someone here will share what they do so I can observe and learn.

Congrats when ever your ready to open her up we now offer tunes for the Explorer ST its an amazing vehicle put down some really nice numbers Livernois Motorsports

I need to speak with someone that can tell me what legally I can do with the windows and lights.... I'm kind of caught in that I don't want to overpay a shop but also don't have the experience and knowledge to do it myself. But yes on emblems and trim! I'm seriously hoping someone here will share what they do so I can observe and learn.

I cannot comment on the lights, honestly would not mess with tinting or darkening them.

I am in NJ, have front driver/passengers tinted on my F150, also blacked out the badges with plastidip. Found a few vendors offering custom painted but the process to swap and cost to get them was insane. Plastidip gave me the look I was after for a low cost. Add to it that it is easily removable.

Check the tint laws for your state in regards to the windows. New Jersey Tint Laws - 2018 & 2019 - Car Tinting Laws
Also, remember that any tint, no matter how light, affects outward visibility, especially at night. The windows all come with a certain amount of tint from the factory.
The law doesn't seem to be as cut and dry on headlight tints.
Are tinted headlights illegal?
Many states have laws that completely ban tints. It's illegal to put any kind of spray or film over your lights. ... Some declare headlights must be white or yellow, and rear lights be red. They also specify that the lights on your car must be visible from a certain distance, usually around 500 feet.Jul 4, 2016.
nj headlight tinting laws - Google Search

Peter

Check the tint laws for your state in regards to the windows. New Jersey Tint Laws - 2018 & 2019 - Car Tinting Laws
Also, remember that any tint, no matter how light, affects outward visibility, especially at night. The windows all come with a certain amount of tint from the factory.
The law doesn't seem to be as cut and dry on headlight tints.
Are tinted headlights illegal?
Many states have laws that completely ban tints. It's illegal to put any kind of spray or film over your lights. ... Some declare headlights must be white or yellow, and rear lights be red. They also specify that the lights on your car must be visible from a certain distance, usually around 500 feet.Jul 4, 2016.
nj headlight tinting laws - Google Search

Peter
Oh I know its not legal in NJ, but its one of those laws that does get enforced here, especially once you are an adult driving a $50k truck.

Here in NY no one cares about tints too, but on an annual emission inspection the car won't pass inspection if there is front window tint for SUV's cant pass certain percentage of light through the tint. You basically have to pay someone to take them off and later after inspection put them back on on an annual basis. Unless you know some inspection shops personally that are not afraid to get caught and fined.

Here in NY no one cares about tints too, but on an annual emission inspection the car won't pass inspection if there is front window tint for SUV's cant pass certain percentage of light through the tint. You basically have to pay someone to take them off and later after inspection put them back on on an annual basis. Unless you know some inspection shops personally that are not afraid to get caught and fined.
We don't have inspections but we do have some extreme temperatures and excessive tinting is not only common but it's cultural as well. A few years ago law enforcement units across the state even had to be assessed because the officers were over tinting :) IMO, front window tint is rather bizarre thought and it never entered my mind as an option. I'm looking at cosmetic changes, not encouraging safety issues.

IMO, front window tint is rather bizarre thought and it never entered my mind as an option. I'm looking at cosmetic changes, not encouraging safety issues.
Depends on what is meant by "Front Window" tinting. Most refer to the front side windows. It could also be confused with the 'Windshield'.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends on what is meant by "Front Window" tinting. Most refer to the front side windows. It could also be confused with the 'Windshield'.

Peter
Wow, I apparently need to get out more. Front window is windshield in this context. Side windows are on the SIDES of the vehicle, front and or back. I will take an informal poll today as I have clinic hours and see what I come up with....could also be regional. We have a high percentage of people who are bilingual so that tends to give us some interesting twists on every day terms and usage, lol!

Back