The correct wire on the PCM?

DavidEBSmith

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Mountaineer Premier
I'm getting codes P0446 and P1633 about which this post and this post say check fuse 24, which I did and it's OK, and I thought that cured the problem, but it turns out it takes a bit for the CEL to come on so I still have the problem. There is 12V at the fuse and the fuse is good.

So next step is to check pin 45 on the C175b connector at the PCM, but I want to be sure before poking around the PCM. I believe C175b is the middle connector of 3 on the PCM, and I can see the label on the connector that says pin 1 on the connector is at the bottom toward the outside of the vehicle. The wiring diagram shows this:

C175b-M.jpg

and this for the connector locations

C175e-t-M.jpg

which looks like C175t and C175e end up someplace different from C175b, but apparently not, they're all on the PCM. And it has this for the connector layout:

C175B-conn-L.jpg

C175B-conn-2-L.jpg

so from the back (wire) side the pin layout would be like this:

CCI05142019-rot-L.jpg

and this is what the PCM looks like:

2019-05-12%2014.58.40-L.jpg

2019-05-12%2014.58.56-L.jpg

So pin 45 should be on the middle connector, second from the top, below the green/blue wire, on the fourth column in from the fender side (not the column that only has 4 wires in it). Right?

The chart you posted says that pin 45 is a 20 gauge violet with red stripe wire. Pin 46 above it is also 20 gauge and a blue with green stripe wire. That's what I would use for wire and pin identification.

@DavidEBSmith

Beware, my 2004 Ford Official Wiring Diagrams, very similar to yours, MIS-IDENTIFY the locations of the 3 PCM connectors. I found out the hard way, when I searched one for certain wire colors, . and they were different. Took a lot of hocus-pocus to straighten it out. Yours may be correct. imp

Back