• Register Today It's free!

Headlight upgrade

Scotts96sploder

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer 5.0 rwd
has anyone tried these? Or something similar?

159644A4-5F60-4F1E-BA57-63995C719149.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

05639EC7-7E89-43CC-A89C-80748062DBBD.jpeg
I bought a set similar to that but I think they were from spyder, been pretty happy with them, had to do some modifications to get them to fit flush but they look good.

6262C0CA-093B-4BC0-93E6-85A45B39D9FE.jpeg
View attachment 170145 I bought a set similar to that but I think they were from spyder, been pretty happy with them, had to do some modifications to get them to fit flush but they look good.
I wired the halo lights into the park lamp circuit

Those do look good! Thanks for the wiring tip! I read that you have to pull the assembly to adjust them, is that true?

Ya you do have to pull them for adjustments but they come out pretty easily

Can I ask where you got the bumper? I love it

The real question is, is the actual lighting any better than a stock headlight? Most of these aftermarket assemblies do not broadcast nearly as good as OEM housings.

I’m looking for a real upgrade for my X since I do most of my driving at night. I’m interested in something that will actually be like modern headlight tech and works better to help me see. Maybe led’s or hid’s. Either way it has to actually improve the lighting not just look cool during the daytime.

Your best option (IMO) is doing an HID retrofit with aftermarket clear housings. However, option is expensive and time consuming so it is not for everyone, but the light output is unmatched.

Upgrading your foglights to decent LED units is an option for night driving...

Back