Delivery Time Frame? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Delivery Time Frame?

Mine has been sitting on a rail call outside Detroit since just 4th (unless they used the rail car to just ship it there for inspection....)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are rumors of parts shortages at the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant. Workers are complaining they're being sent home due to lack of parts, and unable to cobble together a 40-hour work-week.

Sorry, but I don't know exactly which parts are in short supply.

There are rumors of parts shortages at the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant. Workers are complaining they're being sent home due to lack of parts, and unable to cobble together a 40-hour work-week.

Sorry, but I don't know exactly which parts are in short supply.

Magnetic ST ordered in April with a production date of 6/23/2019. Dealer says it is out of production but my VIN shows no information on Ford tracking site. Met with a Ford employee Saturday evening who works at the Flat Rock plant building Mustangs and he told me that he (and others) have been pulled from their regular jobs to inspect Explorers sent from Chicago. He says there are a massive amount of Explorers now at Flat Rock and his job is to run diagnostics and find the "problem". Might explain what I believe to be extended delivery times. I'm a bit nervous about getting an early production vehicle..........

Magnetic ST ordered in April with a production date of 6/23/2019. Dealer says it is out of production but my VIN shows no information on Ford tracking site. Met with a Ford employee Saturday evening who works at the Flat Rock plant building Mustangs and he told me that he (and others) have been pulled from their regular jobs to inspect Explorers sent from Chicago. He says there are a massive amount of Explorers now at Flat Rock and his job is to run diagnostics and find the "problem". Might explain what I believe to be extended delivery times. I'm a bit nervous about getting an early production vehicle..........

Thank you for providing this insight. There is hard evidence (see below) that truckloads of Explorers are being moved to Flat Rock, but I didn't know it was for inspection and diagnostics. This must be costing Ford a few bucks, and it increases risk that vehicles will be damaged during transit.

BTW, if your VIN shows no info at Ford's tracking site, then it's likely your Magnetic ST was ordered as "dealer stock" rather than "retail." I believe only retail orders can be tracked using Ford's online tracking website.

Explorers to Flat Rock.JPG

Welcome to the Forum Inny.:wave:
Thanks for that info. That could go a long way in explaining some of the questions raised in posts here.

Peter

yes, that would explain why my vehicle was marked as "arrived" in the adjacent rail yard and has not moved for 2 weeks. It also means I'll be looking hard at that extended service plan....

My ST order seems delayed as well. Blend date was 6/29, and the tracking site still shows "in production 7/17/19". Weird thing is that if I go to look at the window sticker, it is now saying that the "window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle". I could see it yesterday with a date of 7/19/19.

Thank you for providing this insight. There is hard evidence (see below) that truckloads of Explorers are being moved to Flat Rock, but I didn't know it was for inspection and diagnostics. This must be costing Ford a few bucks, and it increases risk that vehicles will be damaged during transit.

BTW, if your VIN shows no info at Ford's tracking site, then it's likely your Magnetic ST was ordered as "dealer stock" rather than "retail." I believe only retail orders can be tracked using Ford's online tracking website.

View attachment 172111

Look at the VINs, these are the really early builds prior to "ok to buy", they are not retail orders. So since they needed reinspection in order to be released, they must have shipped them there to help clear the back stock. If theybwere building 3,000 a week x 6 weeks, that is almost 20,000 Explorers needing reinspection. My first retail order was around 26,000 for the VIN the week of June 23rd which was the 1st or 2nd week of retails.

I dont believe this has anything to do with retail orders (flat rock)

Yep, there is quite a bit of activity with Explorers and Aviators at FRAP, as well as some other spots. Haven't heard what all is going on. I know at one point there was an activity for updating software on them though. Maybe this latest bit is different though. I've seen several haulers leaving loaded up though so it seems like they're churning through them whatever it is.

Look at the VINs, these are the really early builds prior to "ok to buy", they are not retail orders. So since they needed reinspection in order to be released, they must have shipped them there to help clear the back stock. If theybwere building 3,000 a week x 6 weeks, that is almost 20,000 Explorers needing reinspection. My first retail order was around 26,000 for the VIN the week of June 23rd which was the 1st or 2nd week of retails.

I dont believe this has anything to do with retail orders (flat rock)
My window sticker did indicate special order.

My ST order seems delayed as well. Blend date was 6/29, and the tracking site still shows "in production 7/17/19". Weird thing is that if I go to look at the window sticker, it is now saying that the "window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle". I could see it yesterday with a date of 7/19/19.
Any news on your ST?

Back