ST Street/tech/moon/rapidred finally ordered! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ST Street/tech/moon/rapidred finally ordered!

Lol, too funny. So my brain works like this.

Front windows- 1st row passenger and driver.

Back windows- 2nd row.

Windshield - front glass

Rear glass (hatch/tailgate)

YMMV

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update as of today, after I requested an update, last update was 5? weeks ago. Sales guy said it went offsite for ST upgrades so I responded with you mean recall????? No delivery date..... literally all I received is the info below.

Status ETA
Primary
Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time Start Date End Date ETA Disposition
In Production Sent Offsite Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jul-17-2019, 00:00 EDT TBD TBD N/A
In Production Produced Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jul-17-2019, 00:00 EDT TBD TBD N/A
In Production Sent to Plant Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jun-19-2019, 09:15 EDT TBD TBD N/A
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jun-29-2019) Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jun-07-2019, 16:46 EDT TBD TBD N/A

Update as of today, after I requested an update, last update was 5? weeks ago. Sales guy said it went offsite for ST upgrades so I responded with you mean recall????? No delivery date..... literally all I received is the info below.

Status ETA
Primary
Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time Start Date End Date ETA Disposition
In Production Sent Offsite Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jul-17-2019, 00:00 EDT TBD TBD N/A
In Production Produced Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jul-17-2019, 00:00 EDT TBD TBD N/A
In Production Sent to Plant Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jun-19-2019, 09:15 EDT TBD TBD N/A
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jun-29-2019) Ford Chicago Assembly, IL Jun-07-2019, 16:46 EDT TBD TBD N/A

My ST is just one day before all your dates and in limbo as well. Lots of us in this situation I think.

My ST is just one day before all your dates and in limbo as well. Lots of us in this situation I think.
Right. This was my 1st acknowledgment that it was actually built. I was posting for posterity, lol! What really gets me is in June they had my exact build on the lot (except mud flaps) and he never contacted me.....

Update! My original dealer stated that I probably would not see my vehicle until December, "if ever". They did a search and were unable to find one that they could get here as other dealerships did not want to deal. I expanded my choice from rapid red to include the copper but still no luck. I spoke with another local dealership who seemed to easily find my exact build in another state the same day. On its way now and I should have it in the next few days. Still nothing from the original dealer, the last news was that they were speaking with the Ford rep for a solution. Crickets since then, even after several E mails sent requesting an update. It might actually happen! Now I can get all those great post regarding mods to appearance! Cross your fingers!

Update! My original dealer stated that I probably would not see my vehicle until December, "if ever". They did a search and were unable to find one that they could get here as other dealerships did not want to deal. I expanded my choice from rapid red to include the copper but still no luck. I spoke with another local dealership who seemed to easily find my exact build in another state the same day. On its way now and I should have it in the next few days. Still nothing from the original dealer, the last news was that they were speaking with the Ford rep for a solution. Crickets since then, even after several E mails sent requesting an update. It might actually happen! Now I can get all those great post regarding mods to appearance! Cross your fingers!

Unfortunately Ford reps aren't being told crap or if they are, they are not telling dealers anything.

I spoke to Joel the other day about my ESP and he was telling me how sick and tired he was for all the apologies to his customers he has given about this botched Explorer launch and that there is nothing he can tell them besides that.

Glad you finally got one. Did you get the Rapid Red? Looks like we have about a dozen ST's in the Tampa dealers now.
2020 Ford Explorer ST Tampa FL 32352044
Hi,
Yes on the rapid red.... it sparkles like a jewel! Finally went to a 2nd dealership who found my exact build a state over and brought it in for me. STs are still pretty rare around here.

Back