Windows stutter... | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windows stutter...

... BTW, Crystal who is Ford's eyes on this Forum said she would have the regional service Mgr call me but of course I have heard nothing...

Hi bigdude2468,

I checked out my inbox, and I'm not seeing a reply from you since I last sent you a message on 5/12. If you, or any of the other folks experiencing this issue, need me to arrange for a call from your regional customer service manager, just send me a PM with your details. I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I finally got a call from the service advisor this morning saying they are ordering parts, sounds like something other than the motors that have already been replaced. Here is the funny part. I had dropped off a print out of the TSB on Tuesday of this week to another service advisor as the one I was working with was off. When my SA called today he made it sound like HE had done the leg work and had found the TSB. Whatever, just get it fixed.

So as it turns out they are replacing the motors. The first time I had it in they replaced the regulators, not the motors. The SA claims that there is a TSB for this specific problem. I am taking it in on Wednesday and will advise what the outcome is.

So as it turns out they are replacing the motors. The first time I had it in they replaced the regulators, not the motors. The SA claims that there is a TSB for this specific problem. I am taking it in on Wednesday and will advise what the outcome is.

Description: FORD: WHEN FRONT WINDOW GLASS, ON SOME VEHICLES, ARE BEING OPENING OR CLOSING, THERE IS A CHATTERING OR JUMPING MOVEMENT. MODELS 2011-2013 EXPLORER. *PE
TSB-13-6-13, NHTSA Reference: #10053467

Peter

I took my Ex in yesterday for the window stutter. They called and were able to fix the drivers side with the motor replacement. The passenger side they said was better but not perfect. They called Ford Engineering who said to lube the track but that did not eliminate it entirely so Ford said to replace the "rack", not sure what that is. They ordered the parts so I will have to take it back in. The drivers door is perfect and the passenger door is probably 90%+ better. If they had not told me anything about the passenger door I might not even notice it. If you have this issue just be persistent and they can get it corrected.

Went for normal Works service and mentioned TSB for this, had driver and passenger motor and regulators replaced. Seems fine now. Looks like they didnt remove my Weathertech vents either...:thumbsup:

Anyone know if this is something that would be covered under the Certified Preowned warranty? Out new to us 2014 has the stutter at the top on both front windows.

Anyone know if this is something that would be covered under the Certified Preowned warranty? Out new to us 2014 has the stutter at the top on both front windows.
Under the heading "High Tech" it shows; • Power Window Motors/Regulators
You can download a copy of the CPO Warranty if you don't have one.

Peter

Thank you for that info. I believe with CPO warranty there owner has to pay a $100 deductible.

I guess the real question is, is this something that is a prelude to the motors failing or is this just a nuisance? If it's just a nuisance I'm more inclined to just live with it.

Thank you for that info. I believe with CPO warranty there owner has to pay a $100 deductible.

I guess the real question is, is this something that is a prelude to the motors failing or is this just a nuisance? If it's just a nuisance I'm more inclined to just live with it.
I think that if you go back through the posts here that you'll find motors were replaced for this issue. In fact there is a post on it in the TSB thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/2011-explorer-tsbs-ssms.343204/#post-3397085

Peter

I had my '16 Explorer Limited in the Ford shop the other day for some warranty stuff, one of the issues being my front passenger one-touch window. Since I bought the car a few months ago when it was 9 months old, I noticed that window - and just that window would roll up about 1/2 way smoothly and then start stuttering and shaking the rest of the way.

I got the car back and the tech told me they cleaned out the window channels on both front windows and put tape at the top to realign it. He said it was somewhat of a design flaw in this model. Has anyone else had issues with their front windows not rolling in the track correctly.

One last thing - for a car 9 months old when I bought it, all the inside door frame gaskets for the drivers door were not only totally flattened out, but cracked and ripped as well. I had my '13 Edge for almost 4 years before getting this Explorer and the only issue I ever had was the sunroof track (twice - hence I didn't do the sunroof in this car). I can say that this Explorer started out in Colorado - but it would have spent the tail end of one winter in the cold, snow, ice - hardly long enough to destroy door gaskets.

My 14 Explorer has had the window regulators and channels changed twice due to shuttering on the way down. Is it horrible? no, just annoying. Passenger is worse than the drivers side. I gave up

Hello,
I have a problem if the front windows come down and they are annoying shaking I went to the car dealer and they told me that this problem in all cars in Ford and this is normal and no need to worry

Hello,
I have a problem if the front windows come down and they are annoying shaking I went to the car dealer and they told me that this problem in all cars in Ford and this is normal and no need to worry
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread was merged with this existing one. The shaking or stutter, is not normal as you can see if you read through some of the posts in this thread. Most common fix is to replace the window motors.

Peter

My 14 Explorer has had the window regulators and channels changed twice due to shuttering on the way down. Is it horrible? no, just annoying. Passenger is worse than the drivers side. I gave up
Hello,
On the 3rd attempt my Dealer installed a very thin strip of medium density black plastic foam into both the driver & passenger window glass channels to prevent the window glass from shaking as it moves up and down. It worked, no window shaking/stuttering for about a year now.

Just got both my front windows repaired for this issue.

This is what they replaced:

1. Window Regulator
2. Window Track
3. Weatherstrip
4. Door glass

I am slightly annoyed about the window replacement, as had my windows tinted. So now I have to get this redone. The dealer is going to reimburse me for this(hopefully)

On a plus note, the windows work great!

Has anyone come up with a solution to this other than wasting money outside of warranty for a temporary fix?

I just have the stutter going down, assuming it’s the weight of the laminate glass being the culprit. Sometimes my passenger window won’t 1-touch automatically like it’s getting stuck on something.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this other than wasting money outside of warranty for a temporary fix?

I just have the stutter going down, assuming it’s the weight of the laminate glass being the culprit. Sometimes my passenger window won’t 1-touch automatically like it’s getting stuck on something.
The only fix is what is shown in the post above and mentioned in post #110.

Peter

The only fix is what is shown in the post above and mentioned in post #110.

Peter
That's why I was asking, seeing if someone discovered an actual fix and not a band aid.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's why I was asking, seeing if someone discovered an actual fix and not a band aid.
It fixed it for the majority. If it's stuttering again, then it is probably the motor.

Peter

Back