Aftermarket amp mounting location? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket amp mounting location?

Harley McIntyre

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Geneva, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer EB 4.6l
I installed a 10in sub and an amp in my ex, but I couldn't really find any good areas to hide it in that still had decent airflow so it doesn't overheat, it gets pretty warm, right now I just have it zip tied to the 2 tie downs all the way in the back, anyone have any suggestions of a good area to mount it? I don't really like the idea of of it just sitting there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I do my stereo upgrade, I was thinking about using the jack compartment in the back. You could modify it to have some vents if you were concerned about overheating. If you look at my registry, I installed amps in my 2000 project truck inside the rear driver's side storage compartment, and never had any temperature management issues.

Where did you put your ground wire? I would have put the amp under my seat but I could for the life of me get those seat bolts to break loose

I have several grounding spots for my system. For the amps I used the seat mounting bolts I think, this system was installed 3-1/2 years ago and still pounding (cleaned any paint off for a good ground).

Back