How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 51 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Yikes. I expected it would negotiate via Bluetooth and use Wi-Fi Direct.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found some more that might be interesting.

imiVXtO.png

Looks like those are the same in your post above.

Made some more changes. Figured out one as well.

Added the Halo as DRL (I'll see tomorrow, it's dark out now) and fog lights with blinker (confirmed it worked both sides).

Was going to add turn signal with DRL as Nitrain posted, but I already had it done.

Also figured out my IPC issue with AVG Speed, AVG RPM, and AWD Guage thanks to the F150 sheet. IPC 720-01-01, xxxx x*xx xxxx, change * to F. I saw AVG Speed under the Fuel Economy menu on the left IPC.

Not sure where AVG RPM will show up, but I'll keep an eye out after I did tomorrow.

It worked, but I had to shut off daytime running light in the IPC menu. Just the halos stayed on.
I doubt the halos as DRL would be bright enough to be seen at a distance on a bright sunny day since they weren't designed for it.

Peter

I doubt the halos as DRL would be bright enough to be seen at a distance on a bright sunny day since they weren't designed for it.

Peter

I agree. Just wanted to see what it looked like.

Just made some changes again. Had to disable hyperflash after new LED bulbs installed for all blinkers.

Also added Bambi mode when I was in there.

Not sure where AVG RPM will show up, but I'll keep an eye out after I did tomorrow.

Haven't see Avg RPM...I guess we don't have it?

I just enabled the fog light as a turning lamp on my 18 Platinum. Works great.

Do you mean the fog light turn off when the blinker is on? That's what I did. Just curious.

Found some other things for the SD trucks. May work on ours?

Figured I'd post them up in case someone wants to try. Will be a while before I can.

uLKHywX.png
Just added DRL full bright with headlights. I'll see what happens.

I believe you're saying that the low beam DRL is now on at full power. Is that right? The low beam is always on full power with the headlights on.

Peter

I believe you're saying that the low beam DRL is now on at full power. Is that right? The low beam is always on full power with the headlights on.

Peter

I changed my DRL to be halos awhile ago. We'll see what happens. Just like playing around in FORScan.

I changed my DRL to be halos awhile ago. We'll see what happens. Just like playing around in FORScan.
Gotcha. You changed your 'Signature' lights to full intensity.

Peter

Hi, I attempted to eliminate the the massage timeout in my '18 Explorer Ltd. I tried the following:

SCMG/H 712-01-02 7000 E0zz
AND
SCMG/H 712-01-02 702E E0zz

Neither of them worked. In fact, the massage time is now shorter. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hi, I attempted to eliminate the the massage timeout in my '18 Explorer Ltd. I tried the following:

SCMG/H 712-01-02 7000 E0zz
AND
SCMG/H 712-01-02 702E E0zz

Neither of them worked. In fact, the massage time is now shorter. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Nothing. I have tried it on and off for awhile now. It has never been proven to work. I tried it on my F150 and my EX.

Nothing. I have tried it on and off for awhile now. It has never been proven to work. I tried it on my F150 and my EX.
Thanks for getting back to me. I"ve even offered to pay the dealer to do it and they said it couldn't be done. :( Is there a place on this forum to find a wired hack for this or am I completely SOL?

Thanks for getting back to me. I"ve even offered to pay the dealer to do it and they said it couldn't be done. :( Is there a place on this forum to find a wired hack for this or am I completely SOL?

I think you are SOL. I am pretty sure those air pumps get hot and burn out pretty fast is why they don't do it. I normally let it run its course on a long drive then let it set for ten or fifteen minutes before turning it on again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Larry.:wave:
It is likely on a timer for a reason as Mlarv5 alluded to. Some factory settings shouldn't be changed. Had you been successful and a problem arose with the feature, your warranty, if still in effect, would not have covered it.

Peter

Back