1997 ford explorer, push bar question [police style] | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 ford explorer, push bar question [police style]

Driverccc

Reaction score
City, State
Indio, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 ford explorer xlt
My introduction post :)
Newbie from indio ca

So I've been wanting to get a police style front push bar but been having trouble finding the exact one. I've seen a couple of explorers on Google but non of them named what brand. I did come across a go rhino one but it's for the 2002-2004 ford explorer. Been wondering if that will fit with modifications of course. I've attached some photos of some explorers with the push bar I want.

I help stranded motorists and want a push bar to add emergency lights and help move disabled vehicles. I have emergency lights front/rear on my explorer. Push bar would be a nice add on.

Thanks for reading, hope someone can assist me :thumbsup:

00e0e_hmtxCs8eAO5_600x450.jpg

00w0w_lQRmfA45rX5_600x450.jpg

20638410079_large.jpg

38698484008_medium.jpg

ford-explorer-police-car-B76YH2.jpg

Here's a video of my light setup/explorer to get an idea on why I want the push bar

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Westin, Manik, and Go Rhino are some brands to look for.

Here is a Manik on a 95...

23950110098_large.jpg

What a small world....I inquired to that company - 'All Ford' in Anaheim for that VERY grille guard / push bar a few months ago (top two pictures).-- the guy quoted me $150 for it...too much for used....not bad but if you can find one at pick a part (saw one) they just want $50....otherwise go with Ebay one.

What a small world....I inquired to that company - 'All Ford' in Anaheim for that VERY grille guard / push bar a few months ago (top two pictures).-- the guy quoted me $150 for it...too much for used....not bad but if you can find one at pick a part (saw one) they just want $50....otherwise go with Ebay one.

Wow lol yeah I downloaded the pictures before he deleted the craigslist ad. I emailed him about the push bar as well but I was too late. I'm most likely gonna go with the ebay one

:snicker: nice custom unit...

homemade_bumper.jpg

On the upside with a simple screw gun and some drywall screws it would be easy to add accessories to "that unit" .....wench / light bar etc.....:D

On the upside with a simple screw gun and some drywall screws it would be easy to add accessories to "that unit" .....wench / light bar etc.....:D

:snicker: yeah lol easy setup right there :p

For what it's worth, of all the mods, this seems like the most worth while one. I have had the need to push another vehicle on more than one occasion. $270 is too a little steep for me though. I have never, ever, ever, seen one of these in the junkyards, probably something I will look at making on my own.

I put one on my wife's 99 Sport that is black & is made by Hunter in Texas. We have used it to push my Mustang into the garage on several occasions we just put a old tire between the grille guard & the vehicle we are pushing so as not to damage the car we are pushing or the grille guard. The grille guard also has a hard rubber strip on each of the vertical support pieces.
Fits 1996-2001 Ford Explorer Grill Guard Push Bumper in Black | eBay

100_1434.jpg

I put one on my wife's 99 Sport that is black & is made by Hunter in Texas. We have used it to push my Mustang into the garage on several occasions we just put a old tire between the grille guard & the vehicle we are pushing so as not to damage the car we are pushing or the grille guard. The grille guard also has a hard rubber strip on each of the vertical support pieces.
Fits 1996-2001 Ford Explorer Grill Guard Push Bumper in Black | eBay

View attachment 173070

Nice man! Someone sent that ebay listing on this post. After seeing your picture, definitely want it. Looks really good man :thumbsup:

My introduction post :)
Newbie from indio ca

So I've been wanting to get a police style front push bar but been having trouble finding the exact one. I've seen a couple of explorers on Google but non of them named what brand. I did come across a go rhino one but it's for the 2002-2004 ford explorer. Been wondering if that will fit with modifications of course. I've attached some photos of some explorers with the push bar I want.

I help stranded motorists and want a push bar to add emergency lights and help move disabled vehicles. I have emergency lights front/rear on my explorer. Push bar would be a nice add on.

Thanks for reading, hope someone can assist me :thumbsup:

View attachment 172990

View attachment 172991

View attachment 172992

View attachment 172993

View attachment 172994

Here's a video of my light setup/explorer to get an idea on why I want the push bar

I had one on my '96 Sport from Genuine Steel. Don't know if they are still around but the Headlight guards were removable on it also. Check with 4 wheel parts, they may have a line on a number of different manufacturers.

Back