Catalytic Converter Replacement Info Needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Catalytic Converter Replacement Info Needed

Cashcrazy

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited Explorer
2011, 3.5, 2wd. My catalytic converter on the radiator side of the engine is bad and plan to replace it soon. I know the exhaust manifold is part of the assembly and have a few questions before I dive into this in hopes of eliminating any surprises.

1. Does anyone have a shop manual with the torque specs/torque sequence for the exhaust manifold? Also the torque specs on the bolts connecting the exhaust pipe? I believe those are all the bolts.

2. Is there room to remove the whole assembly without removing the radiator or other accessories?

I'd appreciate any tips or warnings from anyone that has done this job before. There is nothing worse than starting a fix only to get an unwanted surprise. Thanks in advance.

I guess other owners have not experienced this part failing which is a good thing. I would really like to have the torque specs before tackling this. Has anyone purchased one of the CD or PDF service manuals on eBay? Or even a Haynes manual? I want to make sure it has the info I need before purchasing and I’m always a little unsure about the quality of the eBay versions.

If you ask it they will come lol

I have purchased a number of CD's off of Felabay for repairing my vehicles and all have been pretty good.

Just understand that you might need to purchase more than one to get all the info that you need or want. A lot of the mechanical and repair manuals don't include the EVTM's that you need for in-depth trouble shooting the electrical and vacuum systems.

The ones that I have and are happy with are the Bishko manuals but I don't have one for my Explorer yet since it is still under warranty and I let the dealer take care of the complicated stuff.

Back