• Register Today It's free!

Anybody Go All-Digital Media?

Scorpion8

Reaction score
City, State
SouthEast Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
I upgraded my 06 XLT when I bought it in '14, but find I never use the CD's anymore. I generally use Pandora, and my unit is a little slow in connecting. I'm always upgrading to the latest version of the Android BT drivers and Pandora, but think my unit may just have an older, slower system. For example, if I'm in my wife's Subaru, her H/K factory stereo will connect before she's even left the house if the car/head unit is on and the phone is anywhere near receiving distance. Mine doesn't do that.

So thinking about a newer, all-digital media head unit. Anyone put one in recently? Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Funny I see this thread now, just put a brand new JVC with Bluetooth, USB, Pandora....all that jazz....in my 1993 Sport still running the stock premium audio system otherwise (amp and sub and orig. JBL speakers). Sounds quite amazing considering everything behind it is about 27 years old. Also nice I can plug my guitar in too

What model JVC head unit?

I've had Sirius/Xm since December 2001.
In both trucks, Pioneer GEX-P900XM IPbus to Pioneer DEH-7200HD in the F250 and
Roady II FM transceiver to Alpine CDA-9885 in the Ranger XLT.
Tried to get the wife into it but she likes the local talk radio.

Back