How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 52 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I think you are SOL. I am pretty sure those air pumps get hot and burn out pretty fast is why they don't do it. I normally let it run its course on a long drive then let it set for ten or fifteen minutes before turning it on again.
Do you think a better tactic would be to (if possible) extend the run time? If settle for 1 hour vs 20? Minutes. The dealer didn’t think there was a run length issue. And I have been restarting them over and over and over for a year now. The only issue I’ve had was it burnt out the switch on the seat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you think a better tactic would be to (if possible) extend the run time? If settle for 1 hour vs 20? Minutes. The dealer didn’t think there was a run length issue. And I have been restarting them over and over and over for a year now. The only issue I’ve had was it burnt out the switch on the seat.

I think you answered your own question. You have already burnt out a switch by running to much current though it for to long. There is no way to extend it past the twenty minutes that I know of. As for a dealer service person telling me they don't see a problem with something, I take that with a grain of salt. I have worked around electronics for 41+ years and have been teaching it for 15+ years in one way or another. The switch's are the weak part but the motors are not far behind.

I think you answered your own question. You have already burnt out a switch by running to much current though it for to long. There is no way to extend it past the twenty minutes that I know of. As for a dealer service person telling me they don't see a problem with something, I take that with a grain of salt. I have worked around electronics for 41+ years and have been teaching it for 15+ years in one way or another. The switch's are the weak part but the motors are not far behind.
You're probably right. Maybe if I keep putting in warranty claims for the switch, ford will deal with the problem. :p probably not.

Yes, dark mode works fine for me but the Platinum IPC doesn't support controlling it so I have to use Forscan to turn it on or off. Silent mode is what dark mode was renamed to for the 2017MY. I am unable to test this since I have a 2016MY but if the dark mode enable works on your car, that is the same feature. I have a feeling that both must be enabled & the silent mode BCM location controls which keys it is enabled on. Your Sport should also support IPC control.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/police-vehicles/2017 Police Interceptor Utility New Product Updates 3-14-16.pdf

The 2018 Interceptor brochure refers to Police Silent Mode & Dark Car Feature

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources...chures/2018/2018_PoliceInterceptorUtility.pdf
On my 16 Sport, can I control dark mode from the IPC? I don’t see an option to enable it.

On my 16 Sport, can I control dark mode from the IPC? I don’t see an option to enable it.
AFAIK, no ipc option for you - you can only enable and disable with forscan or IDS.

Anyone with a 16 want to try the headlight halo as drl’s? I can’t get it to work on mine and curious if it’s a 16 issue or just mine. In the bcm line 726-26-2 x1xx xxxx. The 1 enables it on an 18 for sure. I can’t get it to work on my Sport.

Anyone with a 16 want to try the headlight halo as drl’s? I can’t get it to work on mine and curious if it’s a 16 issue or just mine. In the bcm line 726-26-2 x1xx xxxx. The 1 enables it on an 18 for sure. I can’t get it to work on my Sport.
I couldn't get it to work on my 16 either.

I think you could try using the parking lights as the DRL and it would use the signature lights.

I think you could try using the parking lights as the DRL and it would use the signature lights.
I didn’t think of that. I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

So that didn’t work. If you change it to turn signals, high beams or whatever those lights just work in conjunction with the halo and low beams. There has to be a bit somewhere that’s hiding to turn off the low beam function of the drl. And if you turn off drl in the ipc then the high beams etc turn off along with the halo and lows.

Has anyone come across a way to get the current gear displayed on the IPC? I can view the tachometer, and when in manual mode it displays the current gear, is there a way to have the current gear shown while in drive too? I have not seen it in any of the spreadsheets, but mine could be out of date as well. I have a 2013 by the way.

Has anyone come across a way to get the current gear displayed on the IPC? I can view the tachometer, and when in manual mode it displays the current gear, is there a way to have the current gear shown while in drive too? I have not seen it in any of the spreadsheets, but mine could be out of date as well. I have a 2013 by the way.
It is only displayed when gear selector is in M mode, dont think it is possible on restyle either, maybe new Explorer.

Can anyone confirm when changing the splash screen that it works at boot and close? I swore it did and now it’s showing the ford logo when I open the door when getting out.

No way in forscan that I have found. It can be done in HP Tuners though.

If anyone interested, I did it on my MY12 Explorer (Canada):

2. Activating equalizer in radio module itself (ACM):
ACM 727-01-02 x*xx, * change to values from 1 to F (people from russian forum telling either 7 or 9 are the best). I entered 9.
0=EQ Selection #0, 1=EQ Selection #1, 2=EQ Selection #2, 3=EQ Selection #3, 4=EQ Selection #4, 5=EQ Selection #5, 6=EQ Selection #6, 7=EQ Selection #7, 8=EQ Selection #8, 9=EQ Selection #9, A=EQ Selection #10, B=EQ Selection #11, C=EQ Selection #12, D=EQ Selection #13, E=EQ Selection #14, F=EQ Selection #15

I know you posted this awhile ago, but how does 9 sound?

Has anyone been able to understand why certain functions are stored where they are?

Or does anyone know if there's a knowledge repository in IDS that details all the addresses?

Or how to decode them?

On the IPC, I enabled "Frost Telltale" and "Traffic Sign Recognition"...we'll see what those do and if I notice a difference.

Here is a pic of Frost Telltale icon in the IPC.

IMG_2788.jpeg

Here is a pic of Frost Telltale icon in the IPC.

View attachment 174855
Its unlikely to change anything.
Frost sign appears when temperature drops below 4deg C, it is been a feature on Europe's Fords for ages.
Traffic sign recognition is unlikely to work since it requires a front camera and a proper software, I think it is only available on Explorer because it shares same platform with Aviator.

Its unlikely to change anything.
Frost sign appears when temperature drops below 4deg C, it is been a feature on Europe's Fords for ages.
Traffic sign recognition is unlikely to work since it requires a front camera and a proper software, I think it is only available on Explorer because it shares same platform with Aviator.
Aviator is built with the 6th gen, not 5th, so that's not it.

In nearly 57 years of driving in Canada, I've never needed a popup on the dash to tell me the road might be icy.:)

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter and RedDen, I just added it in FORScan in the summer. Not sure what it did. Now I see a cool icon.

I know when it is cold here too!!

Back