Explorer delays | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer delays

6/26 Build date...Nothing... called another dealer yesterday. Said the same in Dallas rail yard. No idea when they will be released. Like you mentioned 1st in last out. Communication would be appreciated

i had the same 6/26 build date. our STs are prob sitting next to each other in some warehouse somewhere. maybe the bright side to this could be some better programs and rates come september.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had the same 6/26 build date. our STs are prob sitting next to each other in some warehouse somewhere. maybe the bright side to this could be some better programs and rates come september.
I am told its made it to Mesquite Texas. But seems to me... Its lost or misplaced. Spoke with Ford Marketing this morning. And Again, speak with your dealer. Pass the buck$. How do you not have some kind of status on a $60k SUV thats been parked almost 5 weeks. My worst experience on a car order. My stuck..Its the SUV i want.

I am told its made it to Mesquite Texas. But seems to me... Its lost or misplaced. Spoke with Ford Marketing this morning. And Again, speak with your dealer. Pass the buck$. How do you not have some kind of status on a $60k SUV thats been parked almost 5 weeks. My worst experience on a car order. My stuck..Its the SUV i want.

Whether one agrees with it or not, your dealer is the purchaser of the vehicle, not you. You are then in turn,buying it from them, not Ford. This is why they refer you to the dealer.. Ford does not want 10,000 people calling them to track an order (again, why they tell you to speak to the dealer). I assure you, Ford CS knows exactly what your dealer knows and that is what the tracking system shows. They wont offer you any more info.

Dealer confirmed delivery is likely not until the end of the year "if ever". They have reordered my build this week but don't expect it for 8-12 weeks, vin not expected for several weeks.
He also said the build is not available in the surrounding area, with the closest being 1300 miles away.
Anyway a search can be made independent of the dealer? Online is only 100 miles, which is nothing out here for a search radius. My zip code is 87124, ST, street pack, rapid red, moonroof, tech package. UGH.

has anyone heard any updates? Anything moving in the system? I asked my dealer for an update and he said he had none, than came back with "everything was warehoused and now its first in last out".

my tracking still tells me "in production 7/18". I'm starting to get worried about my private offer expiring on 9/30.

View attachment 173148

Hey Mike, I had an ST ordered that was built on 7/16 and was "sent offsite". The owner of my dealership is a friend of mine and his comments led me to have him find an ST at another dealer. The southeast regional guy told him my unit would likely not ship to him until Oct or Nov because there was a tremendous backlog to get fixed and shipped. Sorry to give you bad news, hate to see everyone waiting for their orders but I bailed and found one down here in South FL that was extremely close to what I wanted and bought it. I am extremely pleased with it and have found Zero defects or issues with it at this point. Only thing I would change is the standard chrome lug nuts on the black wheels instead of black chrome lug nuts.

My Magnetic that was reordered on 5/24 that was built on 8/20 just arrived at my original dealership today. Only took 7 days from production to delivery so there is hope out there for those who are just being built.

Dealer confirmed delivery is likely not until the end of the year "if ever". They have reordered my build this week but don't expect it for 8-12 weeks, vin not expected for several weeks.
He also said the build is not available in the surrounding area, with the closest being 1300 miles away.
Anyway a search can be made independent of the dealer? Online is only 100 miles, which is nothing out here for a search radius. My zip code is 87124, ST, street pack, rapid red, moonroof, tech package. UGH.

Here is a 500 miles radius for you.. I put in ST, Rapid Red and a price of $59,000 or greater. The MSRP of what you want is $59,915 with the packages you want. So look at all the $59,915s and start making some phone calls to the Sales Manager or GM of the dealership. May even want to look at ones priced higher than that which could have wheel locks, floor mats and/or mud flaps just to give you some options.

When you search the 100 and get the results, if you go into the web address and change the "100" to "500", you can force a 500 miles radius search even though the page itself on the drop down says 100 miles. May want to start calling some dealers on this list.

2020 Ford Explorer - Search Inventory

Hey Mike, I had an ST ordered that was built on 7/16 and was "sent offsite". The owner of my dealership is a friend of mine and his comments led me to have him find an ST at another dealer. The southeast regional guy told him my unit would likely not ship to him until Oct or Nov because there was a tremendous backlog to get fixed and shipped. Sorry to give you bad news, hate to see everyone waiting for their orders but I bailed and found one down here in South FL that was extremely close to what I wanted and bought it. I am extremely pleased with it and have found Zero defects or issues with it at this point. Only thing I would change is the standard chrome lug nuts on the black wheels instead of black chrome lug nuts.

Yes, i have been considering that. I’m giving it until after Labor Day and then i am going to see if they can get one from another dealership. But i dont want to pay that delivery fee as well. My search comes up with 2 nearby, seemingly in stock. May even start to look at a Denali at this point.

Yes, i have been considering that. I’m giving it until after Labor Day and then i am going to see if they can get one from another dealership. But i dont want to pay that delivery fee as well. My search comes up with 2 nearby, seemingly in stock. May even start to look at a Denali at this point.

What delivery fee? I did not pay anymore for the swapped vehicle from another dealer than if I had bought it off this dealers lot. They gave me invoice and then I squeezed into their holdback some as well as had a $1250 private rebate. A little push goes a long way:)

Isnt a Denali another $10-20K depending on options?.......not in same segment in my mind.

My zip code is 87124, ST, street pack, rapid red, moonroof, tech package. UGH.
I just saw one here at my dealer in Seattle with everything you wanted except the street pack!

Isnt a Denali another $10-20K depending on options?.......not in same segment in my mind.
Depends on if he is looking at a Yukon or Acadia, Denali is just the top line trim level.

Heard from my dealer today... finally. (They've been dodging me for a month)

I'm picking up my Magnetic ST tomorrow. I ordered on May 27. Dealer confirmed what many have mentioned, the Explorers that have been warehoused are under a FILO situation while QC and the shippers try to keep up with production which now is rolling of the line saleable without a recall being performed.

Here is a 500 miles radius for you.. I put in ST, Rapid Red and a price of $59,000 or greater. The MSRP of what you want is $59,915 with the packages you want. So look at all the $59,915s and start making some phone calls to the Sales Manager or GM of the dealership. May even want to look at ones priced higher than that which could have wheel locks, floor mats and/or mud flaps just to give you some options.

When you search the 100 and get the results, if you go into the web address and change the "100" to "500", you can force a 500 miles radius search even though the page itself on the drop down says 100 miles. May want to start calling some dealers on this list.

2020 Ford Explorer - Search Inventory
Very much appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for that update SGT1411! I was worried as my ST will soon be 6 weeks on a rail car

Back