Window Side Vents / Deflectors | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

Nice pics. Does anyone have any pics of their explorers with either the OEM stick ons or weathertech in channels? Im on the fence on both and want to get one soon for my 2018 xlt. Do the stick ons sound noisier? Just want to see more opinions.
Did you look through this thread? There are 50 posts with the word "weathertech" in them and I'd be surprised if one of them didn't have a picture.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pics. Does anyone have any pics of their explorers with either the OEM stick ons or weathertech in channels? Im on the fence on both and want to get one soon for my 2018 xlt. Do the stick ons sound noisier? Just want to see more opinions.

I have the in-channels and zero regrets.

Thanks for the input

Not using a computer and its not loading images. Sounds like me asking bothers you. Maybe there are new users who might want to share their images and experiences.

Weather Tech is the way to go. I have had them on three vehicles and work great. Easy to install and durable. My 18 Explorer has Weather Tech In Channel Vent Visors, cargo and passenger are all season liners, hood deflector and Moonroof wind deflector.

Weather Tech is the way to go. I have had them on three vehicles and work great. Easy to install and durable. My 18 Explorer has Weather Tech In Channel Vent Visors, cargo and passenger are all season liners, hood deflector and Moonroof wind deflector.
Thanks stephen. I thought about the weathertech cargo. Curious for the moonroof deflector would look. Is it just for styling? Just asking bc doesnt the netting on the moonroof kinda serve as one? Or is it solely for wind noise?

Not using a computer and its not loading images. Sounds like me asking bothers you. Maybe there are new users who might want to share their images and experiences.
No bother at all. But why duplicate what may already be posted in this thread. At least I narrowed it down to 50 posts using the 'Search' feature.:)

Peter

JC. Moonroof deflector is a bit of both some styling some functional. I had it on my SHO and provided decent aerodynamics and reduced noise. The vent visors and moonroof deflector allows opening of the windows to be slightly open (Vented) without the increased wind noise (buffeting). Although I am not one I understand that the venting comes in handy for smokers during inclement weather (cool, rain etc...) but could also be used to keep windows cracked during cool weather and give the A/C system a break.

Just put on weathertechs

Definitely recommend the W/T but a caution. I ordered Vent Visors, cargo liners, floor mats everything without a hitch. Note the items and also note the common denominator is NO attachment, all single piece items. Follow me. I ordered the Moonroof deflector here is where the problem came around. The Deflector comes as the following components. 1 Deflector 2 J hook clips (2) 3. Anchor clips that attach to the J Hook (2) 4. nylon screws (2) Washers (2)

I received in the initial order the deflector and 1 J-hook clip. Called back to resend They sent 1 J-hook Clip....Exactly. Three shipments later I finally got all components. Here is the problem/ They don't build the hardware kits up and pre pack all the items in one bag. You could be literally getting eight different bags of stuff or in my case not get eight items. Pre bag the entire hardware kit and place as one item instead of the loosey goosey. When it arrives make sure you get a good inventory of all items first. The assembly is fairly easy but I would recommend getting a helper. One person to center and align the deflector and hold in place. The other person inside the vehicle to align the J-hooks with the installation mounting hole on each corner of the deflector. Mount the Anchor housing to the J hook, run the washer through the screw and lightly install each screw into the anchor clip. Loosely install the screws then slowly tighten up while the assistant holds the deflector in place.

If you are thinking of ClayBar, polish, Wax, scratch removals, anything for the roof I strongly recommend before the deflector is installed. If for some reason you do have to remove the deflector mark where the J hook Clips are positioned so you have a good reference for re installation.

AVS Ventshade 2019 Ford X Sport

I dont know if this has been posted but I wanted to share my conversation with AVS/ Lunds International. I purchased the Auto Ventshade 194293 In-Channel Ventvisor rain guard for my 2019 Sport and they just didn't fit right in the rear window and the window didnt go all the way up so I sent them back. I reached out to AVS thinking they would just brush me aside as others have stated in the forum, but to my surprise a rep. by the name of Jita has been very helpful and has gone as far as to send me a set to try again and is willing to work with me on fixing the issues I am having. So far they have sent me pictures on how they should be installed and advised me that the rears are not fully in-channel and the tape that people complain about as being on the wrong side of the visor is actually the correct side. The tape on the rear flang sits on the outside of the window channel (as shown in the picture) and not inside the window channel. When AVS and I come up with a solution I will report back.

Back of Rear Door.JPG

Front of Rear Door.JPG

Rear of Front Door.JPG

Interested in a solution if you find one, as I'm sitting over here trying to decide on what vent shades to get. Lol

Different vehicle but I had the same problem with the AVS In channel guards. I switched to Weather Tech and have had no issues since. W/T is a bit more expensive initially but they work great and are truly plug and play.

Fil, your thread was merged with this existing one found using the "Search' feature.
FYI, there are 43 previous posts mentioning "AVS" in this thread.

Peter

I preferred the avs, but due to the rear window not being full in channel, had to be with weathertech

Different vehicle but I had the same problem with the AVS In channel guards. I switched to Weather Tech and have had no issues since. W/T is a bit more expensive initially but they work great and are truly plug and play.

Do you have a pics we can see? I am interested in these.

Do the rears have tape though? Thought I saw that on their site.

Back