• Register Today It's free!

Sparking sound from interior

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
When driving I hear a sparking sound from the speakers. It sounds like one of the wires are just going to ignite on fire.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might be a loose wire causing the speaker to make a noise that sounds like sparking or a damaged speaker. Speakers are low voltage, not likely to be a fire issue.

You stated "speakers", so the sound is coming from all of them? Are you sure it isn't static? So when not driving, everything is back to normal?

Peter

Turn the EX on but do not start. Do you hear the sound? If so look for a bad wire If it only happens when it is running then look for a bad ground to the head unit.

Update;
Every time I drive, while accelerating there is sparking sounds from inside the vehicle. I thought it was the speakers, but I turned it off and it still does it. It just feels like the wiring is going to ignite fire.

Every time I drive, while accelerating there is sparking sounds from inside the vehicle. I thought it was the speakers, but I turned it off and it still does it. It just feels like the wiring is going to ignite fire.
Where are these sounds coming from? Under the dash? From the rear cargo area? Overhead?

Have you added/removed/modified anything recently?

Any issues with fuses blowing?

You said this only happens when you accelerate, are you certain it’s not engine/exhaust noise?

I believe that some speakers may still be active even with the radio OFF. Various alarms/chimes are routed through some of the speakers.

Peter

Where are these sounds coming from? Under the dash? From the rear cargo area? Overhead?

Have you added/removed/modified anything recently?

Any issues with fuses blowing?

You said this only happens when you accelerate, are you certain it’s not engine/exhaust noise?

I just bought the vehicle and it's used. I dont see any modification, and everything is oem. It's hard to say where the sound is coming from, but definitely interior of vehicle. It could be coming from overhead of interior. I think static sound is proper term, this happens when I have my foot on the accelerator while in driving.

It more a wire sound, that is crackling. It sounds like the burning of wood. It definitely coming from the ceiling and interior of the vehicle, and happens when I am accelerating.

I don't know why you would get any noise from above the headliner only when accelerating unless something is loose up there. Do you have a moonroof? If so, there are 2 motors near the front.

Peter

I have no moon roof. It makes the sound of live wire. If you goto here and play kiva fire. It sounds very similar to that effect.

I am not 100 % sure it's from overhead, but that's were it sounds like its coming. Kind of like sitting in a room with surround sound. It's hard to find pinpoint it.

Free Fire Sound Effects

Is this for your 2013 model? The fire sound that you can hear in your speaker might be because of amplifier. Try removing the rust since that can cause unwanted sound or the dust. It can also be because of resistor or any component that can easily be changed.

Yes, when I was driving the car I listened carefully and definitely not coming from speakers. This sound happens only when I am accelerating and inside of the vehicle. If I am at a complete stop or park there is no issues. Its frustrating trying to pinpoint the problem. It just like some was not grounded.

Back