• Register Today It's free!

Floor, cargo mats / liners

SeattleST

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
My ST had the optional “all season floor mats” package but they weren’t in the car when delivered. The dealer put an order in for them but question for fellow ST owners with them: are they ST specific (do they say ST/Ford Performance, etc) or are they the same as the other trim lines and just generic ford mats?
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My ST had the optional “all season floor mats” package but they weren’t in the car when delivered. The dealer put an order in for them but question for fellow ST owners with them: are they ST specific (do they say ST/Ford Performance, etc) or are they the same as the other trim lines and just generic ford mats?
Thanks!
i don't remember there being anything ST specific. I'll again tonight. But compared to the previous "mats" these are more like liners that cover a lot more of the area.

Just taking a guess but I would think they would be the generic Explorer ones. I believe the carpet ones have ST on the front ones if I recall correctly. The cargo liner just has the word "EXPLORER" on it from what I've seen in the accessories. The front ones that came with my 2017 Platinum were just the generic all weather ones. I asked the salesman if I could swap them for the cargo liner and he said, yes. I then bought the Husky liners for the front.

Peter

Thanks!
They have the word "EXPLORER" embossed on them, not ST. They are similar in form to the floor liners you get from WeatherTech, but have a closely spaced wavy pattern in them versus widely spaced ribs in the WeatherTech's. They fit nicely. In terms of material, they are made of a softer rubber than what WeatherTech uses for their floor liners. They work well. I originally planned on ordering a set from WeatherTech, but they were not available (and still are not) when I got my truck in early July. Another post referenced that the carpeted floor mats have the ST letters on them. Unfortunately, they do not. The window sticker that came with my truck indicated carpeted floor mats with the ST logo are included. My dealership confirmed with Ford that a change was made and no logos will be offered on the carpeted mats.

..............They fit nicely. In terms of material, they are made of a softer rubber than what WeatherTech uses for their floor liners. ....................... My dealership confirmed with Ford that a change was made and no logos will be offered on the carpeted mats.
That hardness of the WeatherTechs is one of the 'knocks' against them from what I've read in some posts. I have no personal knowledge of that since I have always used the Husky liners which appear to be made of a softer material, making them easy to remove and empty. They also have better coverage. Thank you for the update on the ST logo on the carpeted mats.

Peter

My floor Matt’s on my ST do not say ST on them. In fact they do t say anything on them at all

Unable to find any custon fit liners, both WeatherTech and Husky indicate not a custom fit, some triming may be required. I signed up for an alert from WeatherTech when they have the Laser cut ones available for the 2020 Explorer. Husky did not have that option.

I check Husky weekly for them. Waiting patiently...

Yup. In the meantime I’ve got a week’s worth of beach sand to vacuum out of the entire interior. Those mats can’t be ready soon enough.

I bought the universal mats from the WeatherTech website until the custom mats are available. The universal ones (AVM all vehicle mats) are not bad, but obviously don't properly cover the entire foot area like I'm sure the custom WeatherTech ones will. If you have a Pep Boys near by, check them out. I just saw the AVM mats there and they were about $10 to $15 cheaper than what I paid on the WeatherTech website.

Amazon has several options including the AVM:
WeatherTech Trim-to-Fit Front and Rear AVM (Black) $48 free shipping

It's not winter yet... be patient and wait for a quality product

I ordered the Ford All Weather mats and they should be here Wednesday

Amazon has several options including the AVM:
WeatherTech Trim-to-Fit Front and Rear AVM (Black) $48 free shipping

Perfect. IMHO, that is worth the cost until WeatherTech creates the fitted mats for the Explorer ST. For some reason, I did not think of checking Amazon when I purchased these mats though WeatherTech. These mats are good protection for the interior until the fitted WeatherTech's are available.

Perfect. IMHO, that is worth the cost until WeatherTech creates the fitted mats for the Explorer ST. For some reason, I did not think of checking Amazon when I purchased these mats though WeatherTech. These mats are good protection for the interior until the fitted WeatherTech's are available.
How much cutting was required and once done was it a good fit?

There was some cutting involved and it varied. More cutting was necessary on the driver's side. Very easy to do, just follow the lines. I left the OEM mats underneath to show the difference. Not a perfect fit, but they will do until the fitted mats are available.

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4261.jpeg

For those interested in seeing what the Ford floor liners look like, here are some pics. I think they work well. (I couldn’t wait any longer for the WeatherTechs, my usual choice, to come out.)

D1249CFA-D219-47A6-ADF1-10DFFF02949B.jpeg

7DA337DA-8508-4C36-93BB-80D2955356F1.jpeg

397C6F3C-6695-4B05-A0CB-088A135DACF5.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you get the Ford floor mats after you ordered the vehicle? My dealer is telling me they're not available and I was wondering if they were ordered with the vehicle or afterwards

Back