Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen

Ive been looking and its hard to find the 90-94 explorer's with lift kits, so i decided to made a thread were everyone can link or post pics of there EX, and or mod's, i am working on a soa right now.

9883IM000952.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how high is your lift and where in the world did you get my eight and a half inch wide wheel lol
do you have any do you have any pics of your ride

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I would honestly suggest on a first gen just doing an sas. Incredibly less complicated more reliable and in my opinion rides a lot better.

I do not know if I still have access to my Photobucket may I post a picture without that? Related to this thread I wanted to do a comparison of I cut and turn Bean project I did and my sas

I love the idea I love the idea of doing an sas but I don't have any fabricating skills if there was something like that available that I can just buy and bolt everything on I would definitely be doing it but I'm out of luck on that aspect LOL. would love to see the pics though

We should get this thread back on track. Its for showing off your first generation lifted Explorer. All of the questions asked so far can be found by searching this forum.

IO74VDP

On 4 inch and 33s, comparatively looks small? gonna have to figure out what to do with the tupperware holes and get rid of the steps.
IO74VDP.jpg

IO74VDP

On 4 inch and 33s, comparatively looks small? gonna have to figure out what to do with the tupperware holes and get rid of the steps.
IO74VDP.jpg

I used some of that bathtub grip tape to cover the 19 holes in the rockers. Its been there for about 15 years. You could use a roll of that black step grip tape and cover yours.

I used some of that bathtub grip tape to cover the 19 holes in the rockers. Its been there for about 15 years. You could use a roll of that black step grip tape and cover yours.
Thanks for the idea! I’ll have to go take a look at some tape then, other plan was I’ve seen a lot of success with aluminum tape and Berliner.

Where you live, there might be an issue with salted roads and corrosion. If that's the case, then I would seal the holes before covering them up.

Where you live, there might be an issue with salted roads and corrosion. If that's the case, then I would seal the holes before covering them up.
Any suggestion on sealing? I figure silicone and plastic plugs would work.

13 years later. lol I created this thread.

Here is my before pic. 1991 4dr, 4x4, 4.0 auto. I think the 1st gens fill a gap that Ford created by discontinuing the Bronco II. 2 doors are cool. 2 more doors make them even better !
91ex1.JPG

Here is my before pic. 1991 4dr, 4x4, 4.0 auto. I think the 1st gens fill a gap that Ford created by discontinuing the Bronco II. 2 doors are cool. 2 more doors make them even better !
View attachment 162757
I'm liking the Farmall and the Fairlane/Galaxie?? in the background?p

I think originally Ford was going to continue the bronco 2 name and decided to call the 'new' SUV; "Explorer" instead.

My lifted Explorer. It's a late 94 with a factory 60/40 front bench seat, superlift 5.5 inch, 33x10.5 BFGs. Eventually I'll have a solid axle in the front. I have the parts, just looking for the time.

3.jpg

I was reading your post and said to myself "I have a Farmall and a Galaxie" then looked back through the posts and realized that was me you were referring to. The Farmall ($999) is for sale if anyone here in the sunny southeast wants one for a lawn ornament or to repair. Monday I started to move my '91 Ex towards the Shop to remove the A4LD and realized that I didn't have the keys where I thought that I did. I think that I might know where they are...

Guess who's back

Back