• Register Today It's free!

A/C vent or vents feel clogged.

XLTyler83

Reaction score
City, State
Myrtle Beach SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT 4x4 Loaded
I was just wondering anyone could put their two cents in I do not have an air filter or anything like that that is able to get clogged so it makes me believe something is clogged along the air duct system because I have a new blower motor my A/C system runs great it does blow cold air and on 4 the blower motor makes the normal amount of noise air is cold through the vents and it’s trying but the flow isn’t what it used to be, has anyone had debris clog their HVAC system before? Like I said I had My A/C recharged in the spring I am almost 99% it’s not mechanical but something clogging the airway under the dash

Also possibly a blend door or a duct that has closed and remain closed and needs to be opened manually?

There is an outdoor air flap that falls down and blocks the motor. It is in front of the passengers knees. We never use outdoor air in Florida so somebody had already installed an external outdoor air blocker. Just a piece of plastic screwed over the hole under the front cowling (under the windshield wipers). When I found the fallen flap, I frisbee'd it. There is the possibility of dirt in the evaporator coil. Once upon a time, I found one with so much crud that mushrooms were growing in it! More likely is a failure in an air flap modulator motor, but mine failed in the rear A/C so I haven't been into the front A/C gizmos.

Much appreciated! Mushrooms thing is crazy I sure hope not for mine. After this hurricane I’ll take out the glovebox and inspect that flap and possibly install a cover as you did, because when I want outdoor air I just roll the windows and sunroof down. My grandpa has an 02 and he said after riding in mine the flow in my 04 is not as good though the temperature at the vents is about the same there’s not much pressure although it makes a ton of noise it’s almost laughable how hard it sounds like it working yet the air can’t reach the back seats

Back