• Register Today It's free!

Hi everybody!

ltdan84

Reaction score
City, State
Liberty Hill, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
New here, just purchased a used 2016 Sport, it's a dark metallic gray, not sure what they call that color.
Unfortunately, there was some noise from one of the wheel hub bearings and the dealer is getting that replaced but that means that I don't actually have the car sitting in my driveway yet. My salesman said it will be ready tomorrow, but I feel that is a pretty optimistic turn around time for a dealer service department.
So for now all I have is this pic from the dealers website because I forgot to take any of my own.
FePc4s4.jpg

While anxiously awaiting them to deliver it to me I have been researching mods, since I can't leave well enough alone and have to modify every vehicle I own no matter how small the mods may be.
So far my list of required mods is:
De-badge! (It's free!)
H&R lowering Springs
Bilstein B6 struts and shocks
Steeda rear sway bar
Tuner
Wheel spacers (maybe, depends on how they fit when lowered)
Tint

And just for the hell of it, here's a pic of my car that I traded for it - 2016 Charger Scat Pack
ADB8zBv.jpg

Drivetrain was stock, wheels are Challenger widebody replicas 20x9.5 front and 20x10.5 rear, and oracle led side markers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats, am also a new member. I got a 2016 sport black on black with captain seats. I love this suv I got it for about 2 months now, enjoy it man this are nice suv's.

Nice! I also got captains seats on the second row, although I didn’t necessarily want them. I’m hoping that if and when the time comes to add a car seat, I can find someone who will trade for their beach seat.

Congrats, am also a new member. I got a 2016 sport black on black with captain seats. I love this suv I got it for about 2 months now, enjoy it man this are nice suv's.

Welcome. Nice looking Explorer.

I just noticed this and think it is insanely cool, the painted part of my wheels is not black, it's color matched to my metallic grey paint.
Also just ordered some birthday gifts for myself, struts, rear shocks, and sway bar on the way.

Back