• Register Today It's free!

AC ON at startup nd

SeattleST

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Has anyone else noticed this: if I drive without the AC on (just vented outside air), when I shut the car off and start it later in the day, the A/C switch is on even though I wasn’t using it previously. Happens about 50% of the time for me. It’s annoying to have to shut it off every time when i never selected it

Has anyone else noticed this: if I drive without the AC on (just vented outside air), when I shut the car off and start it later in the day, the A/C switch is on even though I wasn’t using it previously. Happens about 50% of the time for me. It’s annoying to have to shut it off every time when i never selected it

Yup. Annoying as hell. yet another button I have to push to start a drive.

I listed this in the "Things you would like to see..." thread

Page 136 and 137 in your manual. States it is normal and based on outside conditions (air temp, humidity etc) the AC may cycle on by itself to control the inside air quality.

Page 136 and 137 in your manual. States it is normal and based on outside conditions (air temp, humidity etc) the AC may cycle on by itself to control the inside air quality.
I saw that but assumed it was only when it was in “auto” mode which I don’t use. I guess it will come on regardless of what is selected

Back