Are 1991 - 1994 Explorer rubber/plastic air intake hoses identical to the ones on the Aerostar? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are 1991 - 1994 Explorer rubber/plastic air intake hoses identical to the ones on the Aerostar?

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
So, I was hunting for intake tubes in the junkyard for @RangerX , and most rubber gaskets on them were trash. I wondered if other Fords around those years used the same gaskets, and one Aerostar I compared to, seemed close or identical. I think the smaller gasket was the one I compared. I can’t remember if I compared the larger one or not. I didn’t take the Aerostar one off since it was in bad shape. I was out of time, so I didn’t research any further.

Below is the intake style that RangerX needed.

It will pry be a while before I return to the junkyards. I just posted the info if someone wanted to do more research if they will fit or not...

4BB8B3FF-8ACC-45CB-A76D-86696E8BF45F.jpeg

The intake tube that was on my 91 aerostar is all rubber. I got one from a 96 aerostar but the rubber is shot. The rubber gaskets look similar. I'd use window weld to make a poly replacement. An extra tb and intake tube as a mold.

Back