Spruce Green with Harvest Gold trim Eddie B. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spruce Green with Harvest Gold trim Eddie B.

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
I've always liked the Spruce Green/Harvest Gold Gen II Eddie Bauer Explorers. The other day I saw one for sale in front of a storage facility near my house. Next time I go out I'm going to check it out but I don't have my hopes up that it will match my list of requirements for purchase.

- Under 200,000 miles
- Rear wheel drive
- 5.0L V8
- Reasonably decent/clean interior
- No rust
- No body damage

Unlikely this truck will be something I want, but you never know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've always liked the Spruce Green/Harvest Gold Gen II Eddie Bauer Explorers. The other day I saw one for sale in front of a storage facility near my house. Next time I go out I'm going to check it out but I don't have my hopes up that it will match my list of requirements for purchase.

- Under 200,000 miles
- Rear wheel drive
- 5.0L V8
- Reasonably decent/clean interior
- No rust
- No body damage

Unlikely this truck will be something I want, but you never know.
Good luck! And you can probably turn it to a 2WD even if it isn't, by removing the front driveshaft, can't you?

Good luck! And you can probably turn it to a 2WD even if it isn't, by removing the front driveshaft, can't you?

Yes, but that still leaves the weight and complexity of the AWD parts and if you remove the front DS you have to deal with the "creep in PARK" issue. It would have to be a very special truck for me to consider an AWD.

This is the color scheme of my 01 Eddie Bauer, it's a beautiful truck clean, easily my favorite color scheme of the 2nd gens. I'm following to see how this goes.

I went and looked at the truck today. Oh boy, that thing was a 50 footer at best...

Paint was cooked and dull
Lots of parking lot dings
Front bumper crooked from an impact
Missing small rear corner trim piece on right side
Fender flares scraped up on right side
16" wheels but with tiny car tires. New'ish tires but they looked ridiculous
Driver's door interior panel MIA
Driver's window 1/2 open to the weather (assume window not working)
Broken driver's exterior door handle
Driver's interior door handle MIA
Bent antenna
Both front leather seats torn up
Interior was filthy
It was a V8, IDK if it was AWD (I didn't bother looking)
Number of miles? IDK (I did bother looking)

I guess my search for the clean, Spruce Green/Harvest Gold, V8, RWD, low mile, EB "White Whale" continues.

That truck here would still bring $750, V8s are hot items here, I've been hunting another to swap with my 2000 for near a year now, I eventually figure I'll end up with it all torn down like my Eddie Bauer. I know someone with one they've got sitting, refuse to sell it.

That truck here would still bring $750, V8s are hot items here, I've been hunting another to swap with my 2000 for near a year now, I eventually figure I'll end up with it all torn down like my Eddie Bauer. I know someone with one they've got sitting, refuse to sell it.

I doubt the title pawn place that has it for sale would take $750 for it and it's not worth $750 to me (plus I don't need another major fixer-upper on my project list).

Not a big fan of the color, but this is a really nice Expl for the money ($1995.00). V8, super clean inside & out and only 143,000 miles
00606_1s5cwbhPWjr_600x450.jpg

Nice and very reliable 2000 Ford Explorer

I've got a chance at one that color, it's completely ragged though, it's as molested as my 2000 is in some ways, I can take or leave the white though, even though I like it more with the tan on it. My main draw for even finding another to daily outside of my V8 Eddie is simply that my 2000 is getting ready to roll 292K and it shows it badly.

Yes like your's. My '01 EB is blue with the gold trim (pictured at left). I like the color of mine, but green has always been my favorite color. The spruce green with the gold trim is a killer combination IMO. It's funny that spruce green always photographs as looking grey.

I'm quite temped to go check out the white one, only it would be a 110 mile round trip for me. Odds are that it will sell quickly at only $1995.00 for such a clean V8 with low miles. I would have priced that Explorer at $2995.00 judging from the pics.

This was my dream Explorer. Wanted a white Eddie B., but never found one. now it's way too late....oh well....
Wish mine had the gold trim but it's black

Back