2019 and 2020 Explorer wheel pattern & tire size. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 and 2020 Explorer wheel pattern & tire size.

expoman55

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parrish FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Exp Sport, 2019 f150
Guys I have a 15 sport which is starting to get some miles. I was considering changing up when I so the new lines of the new Ex. I see it also comes with 21" wheels does anyone know if all the ex have same bold pattern? I have good bit in custom 20" wheels and tires for summer and winter and don't really want to give them up so to speak.
Thanks Happy Monday!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 21" wheel on the 2020 is part of the optional Street and Track package on the ST. The standard size is 255/55R20. As far as I know, the bolt pattern hasn't changed since the 2011 Explorer introduction. I'm still waiting to hear if my 18" Winters will fit on the 2020 Explorer.

Peter

I swapped my 2016 Explorer Sport 20" wheels, with Blizzak 18" (Ford factory stock) wheels/tires for the winter.

I haven't seen confirmation yet on whether you can run the 275/45/21 from a 2020 Explorer on a 2017 Sport. Can anyone verify if there any issues?

Do you have to use an adapter for the center hub? Is there anything else that would have to be modified to get these to work? Thanks!
I don't really know, I've never gone through this myself, but according to other posts I've read you would have to use a hub centric ring or similar item as mentioned in the post I linked. I think a site like Tire Rack has several good articles on this.

Peter

Do you have to use an adapter for the center hub? Is there anything else that would have to be modified to get these to work? Thanks!
This website will give you all the info you need to compare the 2 platforms. If hub size is different than yes, you WILL need hub centering rings, pretty easy and cheap.

Back