• Register Today It's free!

Gone but not forgotten

Flying68

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ex Ownr 12 Explr Lmtd AWD
Today I said goodbye to my beloved companion of the last 7 years and 11 months. Together we have been to the tops of mountains. It sheltered us from the wrath of Zeus, sacrificing itself but reemerging after 2 months in ICU. It survived chocolate milk spills, several regurgitations of stomach contents, hail storms, snow storms, and two encounters with inattentive drivers but it never failed me when I needed it. It was finicky at first until we worked through some issues, and required a bit of first aid. But in the end it was worth it. Thank you. I hope you go on to serve someone else as well as you have me. Thank you for the last 156,572 miles.

PS: you still look as good as the day we met (almost that is).
20190917_202156.jpg
20190918_154232.jpg
20190918_153417.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may lurk from time to time but with this new big boy, I probably will be moving on.
Went with a 2019 Expedition Platinum 4x4 in Magnetic Metallic with Medium Ceramic interior. $12500 below MSRP with dealer discount RCC, FMC Bonus Cash, and a PCO. They gave me $7500 on my '12 Explorer Limited 4WD. They also included aftermarket window tinting. Doc fee was $249 and delivery was $200. Did the deal over the phone and text messages. Dealership is 125 miles away, they drove it up, we signed the paperwork, they drove the trade back.
20190918_192125.jpg

I like your story, it has a happy ending...:chug:
I also like that Expedition, it's a beauty, enjoy!

My 2000 Expedition EB 4WD lasted me 10 years and 150k miles, was a terrific vehicle.

Congrats. I have had man Expedition rentals and have loved every one of them. You will be very happy with it.

. Dealership is 125 miles away, they drove it up, we signed the paperwork, they drove the trade back.

That is one amazing dealer! That is how business should be done!

I had a very similar experience when buying my GMC, the dealer brought the truck to me and I signed the paperwork on my dining table, 15 min and I was done.

I wish the Explorer buying experience was the same...but yeah that was not something I would want to relive...

Dealership is 125 miles away, they drove it up, we signed the paperwork, they drove the trade back. View attachment 173931

That is one amazing dealer! That is how business should be done!

It seems like a decent deal for what is a relatively high demand SUV, but I've not seen dealers don't go that far out of their way for a sale unless they are desperate or have a huge gross.

Anyway, that is a nice looking vehicle in a nice color.

I will plug them. Bill Knight Ford of Stillwater, OK. The driver said they deliver all over the country. They even had a vehicle headed out to California, (driver was flying back). Gabbie was my sales person.

Back