• Register Today It's free!

Bump in passenger footwell

SeattleST

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I was vacuuming my ST today and noticed a (I’m guessing) 2”x6” square raised bump right in the middle of the right front passenger floor area. See attached pic where I’m pointing at the exact location. What could this possibly be and I can’t believe I never noticed it before.

0B264D86-EF9E-4957-AF4F-5D82F337AB8D.jpeg

AE5A8F22-71BA-477B-89D8-307B96665FE6.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My wife noticed the same when we were driving the other day. I haven't had time to try to look from underneath.

Never noticed it till you posted this and went to look.

My Platinum has that lump under the carpet. Maybe it's part of a designed-in "crumple zone" to absorb crash impact?

I was vacuuming my ST today and noticed a (I’m guessing) 2”x6” square raised bump right in the middle of the right front passenger floor area. See attached pic where I’m pointing at the exact location. What could this possibly be and I can’t believe I never noticed it before.

View attachment 173942

View attachment 173943
Did you ever figure out what it was. I have one that has just appeared over night.

Did you ever figure out what it was. I have one that has just appeared over night.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If the bump is solid, it is likely part of the floor's construction and may have been there unnoticed all the time.
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on Feb. 9, 2020. Others may be able to reply to you.

Peter

Back