UIN2IT

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Adrenalin Sport-trac
Well l I got the Sway Bar installed.....Full review and install here:

Be sure to SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After watching your review I made the purchase. Install was very easy and the handling is nice! Have you installed their Rear Trailing Arms? I am thinking about adding that next.

Thanks for the review! Lol, loved the end "oh yeah, that turn right there!"

Just put this on our 2017 PIU. Just put it up on ramps, no need to take the wheels off the ground. Also no need to take the mufflers off of the hangers. About a 30 minute job with hand tools.

Any actual data on this with before and after testing (slalom/skid pad/track/etc...)? Or, just seat of the pants reviews?

Would this help in anyway shape or form on a FWD 14 Explorer?

Love the review! Coming from a car with a prettystiff suspension I already had a feeling this was on my mod list but you just confirmed it.

Thanks! I just bought one too.

Looks like the bar works great. Anyone confirm the end links- recommended or not? Doubles the cost- which is already low, so not a big deal.
Just wondering opinions? Coming from an Audi TT, then Audi S7 that was a bit boaty, but then to this it’s been in the wrong direction when it comes to handling- not unexpected of course. I have no interest in full suspension mods, just on tightening sway, especially on sweeping ramps, turns, etc.

I'm servicing a leaking rear stub axle seal and the service manual says
all the hardware is torque to yield meaning it is throw away once it is
loosened and needs to be replaced every time.
This includes every nut, bolt or screw.
JS.

I just had my mechanic install the steeda sway bar and everything looks good but it is making a little noise on bumps. Is that normal? Its like a creaking sound.

Did he use the included grease? You have to properly lubricate these.

The brackets and bushings that wrap around the bar and connect to the frame. As the bar rotates as it flexes it will squeak, hence the lubricant. The lubricant is somewhat special, and would have come with the bar. It should be placed on the inside of the bushing AND the outside of the bushing between the bracket and bushing, and then the bushing to the bar.

The brackets and bushings that wrap around the bar and connect to the frame. As the bar rotates as it flexes it will squeak, hence the lubricant. The lubricant is somewhat special, and would have come with the bar. It should be placed on the inside of the bushing AND the outside of the bushing between the bracket and bushing, and then the bushing to the bar.
What can I buy at O'Reilly that I can use as lubricant? My mechanic said he did not see lubricant in the box. Thanks.

I think they use a poly bushing... I found this quick article: What grease for sway bar bushings?

I bought this a long time ago for this purpose- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081JE2PQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Never actually used it yet. You can also just call Steeda and ask if you can guy another tube of it. It would have been a little clear plastic tube that you cut off the tip and apply. Its not big so it is easy to possibly miss- not sure how Steeda packages.

I would say with 99.999% certainty that if this wasn't applies it will immediately start to squeak and is your issue.

Just called Steeda, they said your recommendations were good but they recommend SuperLube available from HarborFreight or Ace Hardware.

That was the first link I sent- SuperLube from Amazon. Didn’t know what you had around you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That was the first link I sent- SuperLube from Amazon. Didn’t know what you had around you.
Ahh sorry, skipped over it. Just got it and the squeak is gone! 20 bumps I went over just to test it lol

Back