2019 Sport - squeaking/moaning steering wheel? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Sport - squeaking/moaning steering wheel?

SHUMAX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
800 miles so far. When I turn the steering wheel, slowing, it moans and squeaks. Anyone else run into this?

Three things for the dealer to look at next week on my appointment. Just curious what you all have seen?

Thanks,
Shumax

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It may be the clockspring. I had same noise at 34,000 miles. Squeaking noise and happens when turning steering wheel slowly. In my case while turning right. Dealer replaced clockspring and noise is gone.

Audio is not the best. Turn the volume up. Much louder in person...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="steering-wheel / Embed Player" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds like mine. Clockspring. Report back.

Thanks for the feedback! Goes in Thursday...

Mine makes the exact same noise. Did they tell you what the problem was? I have a 2019 with 900 miles on it also. How did they fix it? Can you PM me back?

Mine makes the exact same noise. Did they tell you what the problem was? I have a 2019 with 900 miles on it also. How did they fix it? Can you email me back AUcpa@yahoo.com
Mines was the clock spring. Take it in for warranty work.

Back