• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer. 1st mistake.

John Cheng

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Trying to replace the puddle light and in the process broke the lense. Now I have to hunt for 2 new or used lenses. Can anyone help. Thanks to the forum I've fixed the knocking noise in the driver side cargo area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! You’ve posted in the Sport Trac section, do you have a Sport Trac or a regular Explorer?

2nd Mistake... Sorry I don't even know the different between a sport trac and regular Explorer. Until this morning after reading Bill Collins post and google it. Sorry Bill I will try to be better at this.

2nd Mistake... Sorry I don't even know the different between a sport trac and regular Explorer. Until this morning after reading Bill Collins post and google it. Sorry Bill I will try to be better at this.
Great reply :thumbsup:
Welcome

Haha, easy mistake to make and to fix, I just moved this into the correct section.

The puddle lights come out as a unit. Do not try to pry just the lens out. Mine turned out to be a shorted wire in the door to body wiring bundle, and not a burnt out bulb.

I do not see just the lens for sale anywhere. When I bought a replacement side view mirror it came with a new puddle light assembly.

Hey we all have to go thru a learning process here. I posted a problem I was having that was minor at first but grew into a medium problem and was flamed because I didn't describe the medium problem before it happened. I am very careful in my wording if I ask for advice on a problem. But we all get better at this and all the members here have your back.

I broke both puddle light lenses while putting in LED bulbs. I cleaned the lenses with soap and water and used plenty of superglue to glue the pieces back together (using electrical tape as a clamping force). I then cut and applied 3M VHB tape around the edges of each lens and stuck it back up into the mirror housing. It's been holding for a year now.

Back