• Register Today It's free!

stupid antenna.....

mikey1041

Reaction score
City, State
El Cajon, Californistan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014, base, no trim
so, what is the fix for a broken antenna? Seriously disappointed with the design, which just begs to be broken, over and over, at car washes.

is there some aftermarket antenna that is more "low profile"? also can't figure out why the AM band is more susceptible to interference than FM.............EVERY other vehicle I have ever owned is the opposite!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you don't have the shark fin antenna, you can go on Amazon and get a "stubby" antenna. It's all steel, much shorter than the standard antenna, and it works well. I had one on my 2014.

so, what is the fix for a broken antenna? Seriously disappointed with the design, which just begs to be broken, over and over, at car washes.

is there some aftermarket antenna that is more "low profile"? also can't figure out why the AM band is more susceptible to interference than FM.............EVERY other vehicle I have ever owned is the opposite!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Welcome to the Forum Mikey.:wave:
I don't know how often you go through a car wash but the pigtail can be unscrewed from the base. Some members have installed the Shark Fin antenna in place of the OEM one. Shark fin Antenna Install + Pics
BTW, AM is much more susceptible to interference than FM.

Peter

thanks guys!

thanks again! It's on it's way. :)

Back