Recent Orders , time to get into production | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent Orders , time to get into production

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone having any luck getting Fords special offers? Or better yet someone who can get you plan pricing.

Just received info from my dealer from my ST ordered a week ago. Build date wee of 11/4/19 - have a VIN. Longer than we all thought at 12 weeks... This one has the 2nd row bench seat option...

Just received info from my dealer from my ST ordered a week ago. Build date wee of 11/4/19 - have a VIN. Longer than we all thought at 12 weeks... This one has the 2nd row bench seat option...

I am assuming you just placed your order than. Orders pulled for week 9/9 were scheduled for 11/4. You say longer than you all thought.. who is "we"? At least on here it has been pretty co distant of 8-9 weeks to be built plus shipping.

Dealers get a report every Saturday about what is being built for the week. This is not anything new and your dealer knows exactly what week Ford is pulling when and what week it is scheduled for.

I think I can't count - LOL - looks like 8 weeks to build but then another couple of weeks for delivery - not 12. "We" is my sales rep and I - they were thinking 8 weeks delivered - so a couple of weeks off. Should be OK. I just have a cap on the miles the Jeep can have for the agreed to trade value - sort of like timing a lease turn in correctly!

It might take longer, most Explorers are being shipped off site for repairs....get ready for that.

Got order information for my Grand Touring Aviator; build week 11-11 and have a VIN. Now I just hope it holds.....

For those of us that have ordered more recently say, July and August. Has your car shown up as being scheduled for production? I ordered mine back on Aug 14, about 3 weeks. Just curious on what time line everyone else is experiencing. I waited to order thinking the time lines would be a shorter. Maybe not.
So I emailed the writer from the Det. Free Press that reported the issues in Chicago. He indicated that ALL explorers currently coming off the line are still going to Mich to be repaired?? Is this true? Why wouldn't Ford, knowing the issues, get it fixed for all new builds?? I know revenue = cars off the line but come on already, stop the line for a day or 2 and get the issues fixed. What's up with this??

That is bizarre, but it shows that they can fix the issues after the fact. But from a cost perspective I can’t believe shipping cars 4 hrs away to be fixed as opposed to fixing the issue “in-line” makes any fiscal sense.

The Free Press writer is a woman, BTW.

I'm thinking that reporter may not be accurate, but to be clear that's just my guess. There are a number of folks on this forum that have access to knowledgeable sources. I'll be watching to see if any of them respond to your post.

So I emailed the writer from the Det. Free Press that reported the issues in Chicago. He indicated that ALL explorers currently coming off the line are still going to Mich to be repaired?? Is this true? Why wouldn't Ford, knowing the issues, get it fixed for all new builds?? I know revenue = cars off the line but come on already, stop the line for a day or 2 and get the issues fixed. What's up with this??

I call BS on their response. They are not shipping 3,500 Explorers a week to FRAP. FRAP is only working 3 days a week on the fixes.. they cant fix 7 day a week production in 3 days per week.

My Aug build order went straight to my dealer 6 days after production. That right there proves they are wrong.

I certainly hope do, mine is scheduled to be built 10/10.
Does anyone know what the build issues truly are?
It's covered in the thread Explorer delays in the 'Sticky' section.

Peter

Dande, I’d like to have that answer myself, but all I can tell you is that the Ford vehicle orders tracking site appears to show the XLT I ordered in mid-July is moving along about as expected. Went from “order processing” to “in production” just the other day, with estimated delivery in 30 days. This happened about when the dealer had told me some time back that it was scheduled to go into production. IF the tracking site info is accurate, it at least means they haven’t halted production or are experiencing major delays.

Bearing in mind that my order is for an XLT. I see yours is an ST, which I understand had some delays relating to brakes that apply only to that model.

I call BS on their response. They are not shipping 3,500 Explorers a week to FRAP. FRAP is only working 3 days a week on the fixes.. they cant fix 7 day a week production in 3 days per week.

My Aug build order went straight to my dealer 6 days after production. That right there proves they are wrong.
So I guess my question continues to be: are the issues Ford was experiencing over? Are all Explorers currently coming out of the Chicago factory going directly to dealers?? Does anyone know or have an update??

ST Production date: 08/18/2019
Transport Date: 08/19/2019
Expected arrival at the US dealer: 09/04/2019
Arrived on time and purchased same day.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ST Production date: 08/18/2019
Transport Date: 08/19/2019
Expected arrival at the US dealer: 09/04/2019
Arrived on time and purchased same day.

Same here. No issues if your truck was produced in August.

Back