Solved - 2000 5.0 Heater hose question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2000 5.0 Heater hose question

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

haas_chris

Reaction score
City, State
Leesburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited AWD
EDIT: Sorry for double posting! I am trying to figure out how to delete this one.

As I am finishing up replacing the radiator in my 2000 Limited AWD 5.0 (in case any of that makes a difference for the answers) yesterday during refill of coolant I found another leak, and I am hoping someone can shed some light for the name of the part.. (Sorry I don't have a picture of it right now).
From the heater core the 2 hoses come out and route towards the back of the engine, they connect to metal "piping" right around/below the EGR valve (pain in the butt to get to the spring clamps to remove). That metal piping has a pinhole leak in it and its pretty rusted. It appears to tuck under the intake and go towards the front of the engine. I have not removed anything intake related, but I was hoping someone might know what it connects to or better yet what the name of that piping is called for me to do some more research.
Hopefully someone out there might have ran into this or know what I am talking about without pictures. I will try to add some later this evening.

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you mean this?

71239164_831899517206718_4795695654477234176_n.jpg

if so, it screws to a opening on top of the lower intake behind the thermostat housing. one hose goes to the water pump, the other two to the rubber hoses at the back of the intake. one to the heater core, the other to the ac bypass valve. there are also 2 smaller hoses that go to the upper intake. there is also one stud it bolts to in the lower intake near the back as well. i think i would call it either the steel heater line, or hard heater line. you might have to go the the junk yard to get one however.

69792855_430086127635581_2453209092395630592_n.jpg

72295485_473490029915270_7667464582771769344_n.jpg

Thank you both, I think that's the part. I haven't torn into it yet but from your description and the way it appears I think you guys got it.

heater hose manifold

Also the pinhole leak can likely be welded or brazed to repair it, the whole assembly is metal
If runs along the lower intake and threads into the coolant temp sensor and lower intake manifold.
it is plumbed directly to the water pump on the other side.
It also has two small hoses that feed the upper intake to pre heat during cold winter months

explorer 5.0 heater hose manifold - Google Search:

Back