Why the tiny "cup holder" in front center console? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why the tiny "cup holder" in front center console?

lambrose

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk Virginia,
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Has anybody figured out a use for this tiny cup holder? I want to see if anyone may have an idea for blanking it off to install an amp volume knob.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:pics:

A redbull fits in there perfectly....

My wife uses hers for loose change.:dunno:

I want to see if anyone may have an idea for blanking it off to install an amp volume knob.

My Jabra wireless headphone case fits there nicely.
XDbXQ0am.jpg

What is the small hole in the bottom center of the pic supposed to be used for? It's way too small for a cup. Any idea of the intention for that?

8563ff7a886e465b86902f756d8d0a4c.jpg

That is where my Terrain Management System dial is located. See page 199 of your Owner's Manual

Peter

console2.jpg

I use it for coins.

good place to put shot glasses! :p :drunk:

Has anybody figured out a use for this tiny cup holder? I want to see if anyone may have an idea for blanking it off to install an amp volume knob.

Fast food sauces (like McDonald's McNuggets sauces, Burger King BBQ sauce, etc...).

It's a keyfob holder

Fast food sauces (like McDonald's McNuggets sauces, Burger King BBQ sauce, etc...).
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to or if it is just the PIU that has it. A picture would help.

Peter

Back