• Register Today It's free!

Driver Seat Lift Kit

Bobmbx

Reaction score
City, State
King George, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Does anyone know of a way to raise the drivers seat? The wife wants to sit higher than the seat will move. I'm thinking some sort of block or brackets that bolt to the floor, and then the seat bolts to it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the past, I have added small shims/washers to adjust height/tilt of seats, but you have look at the studs/bolts to see how much room you have. It usually isn't much.

Easier (and safer) way is to go to an upholstery shop and have them cut a wedge of high density foam to go on top of the seat.

Does anyone know of a way to raise the drivers seat? The wife wants to sit higher than the seat will move. I'm thinking some sort of block or brackets that bolt to the floor, and then the seat bolts to it.
Which vehicle is this issue with? You have several vehicles listed, none of which are a 5th gen Explorer.

Peter

Which vehicle is this issue with? You have several vehicles listed, none of which are a 5th gen Explorer.

Peter
Doesn't really matter. You either play with the mounts (which can be risky) or use a cushion on top of the seat.

Only other real option is an aftermarket seat/mount - more options for vehicles which are commonly upfitted for those that are handi-capable and/or physically challenged.

Try braunability.

1547047375901one.jpg

Doesn't really matter. You either play with the mounts (which can be risky) or use a cushion on top of the seat.

Only other real option is an aftermarket seat/mount - more options for vehicles which are commonly upfitted for those that are handi-capable and/or physically challenged.

Try braunability.
Was just asking to see if post was in the right Forum. No one here has done it, but perhaps some in another generation forum may have.

Back